Sonic Electronix

Just buy that 85 dollar kit at walmart that comes with a deck and 4 speakers for now bro, at least you will have some tunes, although they wont be the greatest. Then save up for what you really want.

*nods* thats a bit cheaper then i wanna go. i know i can get pretty descent decks for fairly cheap, just wondering which brands to look at. i know jvc and panasonic used to be great years ago when i had a truck and money, but not sure how they are now, and also dont know much about speakers as far as which brands to look at.

i would just go to abc warehouse , or whatever car audio place you shop at and go buy that 159.99$ alpine ...

Edited by Ryeguy28

Vehicle: 1996 Chevy Prizm

Amplifiers: Dual Xpa6100(Sub)

Enclosure: BassWorks 2.5ish sealed

Mids/Highs: Polk 6.5"s and polk 4"s

Subwoofers: RockFord Fosgate 15"

Wire:8gauge

Future Upgrades:Amp, another 15" , Big #

Basswolf- you said "not Dual or Jensen" a couple of times. Can I ask what you have against them? I have a Jensen VM9512 and love it. It has inputs for almost any type of media you want to use. I love the fact that my son can watch or listen to one thing in the rear while I have something different in the front. Just be sure to check all brands looking for options you want. Hopefully you will find something you like and are willing to spend the money on.

• 4 weeks later...

so anyway back to the original question, does anyone know what size speakers i need for an 87 pathfinder.

Hey mate, I've got a '87 pathfinder myself, It's got 4 inch drivers in the front on some metal adapter plates, So you should be able to fit atleast some 6's.

In the back is 6x9's.

Just spend the $200 on a headunit and buy speakers later on. I pretty much bought everything little by little and it adds up. You can get a used Alpine 9886 for less then 200 easily and then buy some crescendo audio components for $100 later on :)

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

Walmarts Pioneers are not junk... I bought a DEH4200UB off them for $150 ($50 cheaper than ebay.) and ive had it almost a year now with NO problems has all my adjustments and everything runs my system proper and ALSO has 4v preout (which almost NO HU has in that price range.) Honestly dude go to walmart pickup that deck (Pioneer DEH4200UB) and then save another $200 and go on ebay and buy two sets of Kicker KS650's (or whatever size you need im guessing since its and SUV it uses 6x5's.) that will be a GREAT start. Will cost you about $350. Then from there you just need a 4 channel, wiring a mono block and subwoofer/box and you're bangin like a pro.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200