Sonic Electronix

Kicker zx1500

isnt that to much? the max on these subs is 1200watts. thats 1500 rms... i was looking at this

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_26106_MTX_JH600.aspx?utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=Product_Feed&utm_campaign=google_shopping_Price_Comparison

Yes...1500rms at 2 ohms....giving each sub 750. Each sub will not see 1500 watts.

Per captain planet, a zx1000 will also be ideal.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Kicker zx1500
isnt that to much? the max on these subs is 1200watts. thats 1500 rms... i was looking at thishttp://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_26106_MTX_JH600.aspx?utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=Product_Feed&utm_campaign=google_shopping_Price_Comparison
Yes...1500rms at 2 ohms....giving each sub 750. Each sub will not see 1500 watts.Per captain planet, a zx1000 will also be ideal.

thats still to much right? these subs are 600rms. not trying to sound condescending im just new to this. so i can actually have more rms that 600 and still be safe? i think im going to get this one : http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_29708_Kicker-08ZX1500.1-ZX1500.1-Amplifier-Kit.html if what your saying is right its going to bang the hell out of a single cab... right? haha

And give each sub only 300 watts? Seems a waste to me...O_O

see.. i was mislead. one of my friends told me that and it didnt make sense to me. thats why im on a forum now lol okay besides the amp question will i need to get a new alternator or battery? im kinda hoping i can get away without one for a while. i want to get this project wrapped up soon. how hard is this gonna bang? my friend has 2 kicker 15's, solo classics with a kicker 750rms amp. how will it compare?

Edited by bobbythunder

If this is a single cab...where are you placing the subs?

You haven't given enough information to even begin assume how your setup might compare with his. There's wiring, vehicle, power, enclosure, sub placement, port, tuning....

But to answer you you shouldn't need a new alternator. I would upgrade your starter battery and do the big 3 but with the 1500 you're going to notice some drops. Get the kicker 1000 and be better off.

If this is a single cab...where are you placing the subs?

You haven't given enough information to even begin assume how your setup might compare with his. There's wiring, vehicle, power, enclosure, sub placement, port, tuning....

But to answer you you shouldn't need a new alternator. I would upgrade your starter battery and do the big 3 but with the 1500 you're going to notice some drops. Get the kicker 1000 and be better off.

awesome. alright hows this? http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_29870_Rockford-Fosgate-PRIME-R1000-1D-Amplifier-Kit.html

1000rms rockford fosgate amp with everything.subs will be behind the seats in a custom enclosure. my enclosure is going to be like this only taller.

thanks for the help so far. Edited by bobbythunder

Yes, will work just fine. Although I'm still a little dubious of the enclosure fitting and still providing all the correct specs

Edited by TeamHT

Yes, will work just fine. Although I'm still a little dubious of the enclosure fitting and still providing all the correct specs

i'll post pics of everything when im done. im prob gonna just get the box made. it will be the full length of the cab. ordered the amp with standard shipping so it should be here in 3 or 4 days. 6 at the most.

Edited by bobbythunder

Your choice, no need for separate chambers in your setup, and I'd just save the space using common chamber one port.