Sonic Electronix

Hooked it all up, but dissappointed...

you are wiring the amp in 1 ohm stereo on all channels (2 ohms bridged) the way you are doing it. the reason the amp is cutting out is because that thing can only support 2 ohm stereo. its user error, not mechanical error.

Well, it could also be the amp, but IF the amp works, it won't work how he is wiring it, you are correct about that.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

alright. why the FUCK are 4 channel amps so GODDAMN complicated?? kranny, since you know EVERYTHING, tell me EXACTLY how to wire it and i will report back with observations on how it worked. sound good?? whats the difference between stereo and bridged? thats the only thing confusing me.

2010 Civic SI sedan: Crystal Black Pearl

All stock.

alright. why the FUCK are 4 channel amps so GODDAMN complicated?? kranny, since you know EVERYTHING, tell me EXACTLY how to wire it and i will report back with observations on how it worked. sound good?? whats the difference between stereo and bridged? thats the only thing confusing me.

4 channel amps are not complicated. Wiring 4 channel amps to multiple DVC subs and bridging channels it what is more complicated. Bridged amps have a higher impedance limit than none bridged amps.

2 subs (4ohm DVC) right?

4 channel sony amp right?

Your only option is to make each sub an 8ohm load, bridge the amp into 2 channels and use each channel on each sub.

This is totally not ideal for your set up, but will not hurt anything (as long as you don't try to get more out of it than you can)

Bridging and amp means you combine 2 channels of an amp into a single channel of output.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

they arent complicated, you just got the wrong voice coils. wire them like this to 2 channels bridged, not all 4 channels. wire it like this.

2_4ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif

you will not use the other 2 channels. if you wire it like this correctly, the amp should not turn off if its good

2 subs (4ohm DVC) right?

Your only option is to make each sub an 8ohm load, bridge the amp into 2 channels and use each channel on each sub.

This is totally not ideal for your set up, but will not hurt anything (as long as you don't try to get more out of it than you can)

Bridging and amp means you combine 2 channels of an amp into a single channel of output.

it will work, but both gains have to be tuned PERFECTLY so the woofers dont fight each other. i highly doubt he will be able to do this.

well see thats the thing. the amps not turning off at all, the sound is just cutting out. the light stays on, but it just doesnt sound right. ill wire it to 8 ohms tomorrow and report back to you guys. and by the way, its actually a sealed box with two seperate chambers for the subs. theres a wall splitting the box into 2 halves. would that make a difference?? just curious.

2010 Civic SI sedan: Crystal Black Pearl

All stock.

well see thats the thing. the amps not turning off at all, the sound is just cutting out. the light stays on, but it just doesnt sound right. ill wire it to 8 ohms tomorrow and report back to you guys. and by the way, its actually a sealed box with two seperate chambers for the subs. theres a wall splitting the box into 2 halves. would that make a difference?? just curious.

oh its a divided sealed box? then it will work fine. just make sure you get your gains as close together as possible

2 subs (4ohm DVC) right?

it will work, but both gains have to be tuned PERFECTLY so the woofers dont fight each other. i highly doubt he will be able to do this.

True, very true. If you highly doubt he can do that, you have more confidence in him than me. :pardon:

Edit: Just was it was 2 chambers...so not as big a deal, though subs can still cancel each other.

also, won't only running on set of outputs on an amp fuck up the set of outputs not being used? I know he said he is throwing the amp away in a couple weeks but for someone not throwing away an amp, you would want avoid this correct?

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Good luck man.

Some people could care less about who the genius is that is making the product... They just want to get it cheap and say "derrrr, look at teh pretty lights in muh dash!"

Because audio is a lifestyle not a hobby.

Things that I am allergic too....

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes

Archived