Sonic Electronix

Im new here and figured i would say hello ! Well hello everyone.. I was forced to sell most my car audio during a lay off a little over a year ago. Im back on my feet and and now its time to start putting together another system..Help would be great on this one ! Although i will probably wait till march sometime to get the ball rollin, its just to cold outside. I would like to have a solid plan before hand.

So i have a chevy 1500 ext cab,Pioneer 7800Mp, Everything has dynamat and dyna liner except the roof. I have a Us 1600.4 and a Earthquake DBXI 12 < My problem Lays here. I need my bump back.

I have decided to buy online, But brand is a issue. I have narrowed subs down to Rockford T2s, FI, earthquake ( not sure on what models on FI ) and maybe DC. So i can fit 4 12s or 2 15s..Not sure on the exact space i have but will take measurements. I was happy with the old setup i had 2 DBXI 12s and a PHD5000 but want to be a bit louder.Not sure on the box specs but i was only able to play music with really deep bass for it to sound good(loud), im guessing the box was tuned to low.

So maybe you guys can help lean me in one direction or another ? I plan on spending right around 3000. So i would need advice on subs,sub amp,Box and box tunning, alternator.

I dont want a wall or a blow thru. My last setup subs/port where back, after reading it seems most do subs up and port back for best sound.

Im a newb, if i left anything out....just ask. My goal is to have gut wrenching bass shit that makes your ears hurt, While flexing everything in site . i want to piss my neighborhood off. I listen to mostly rap/hiphop/ RnB, really anything with a beat.

Thanks for any help you can give !

First off, pissing everyone off with your stereo is extremely frowned upon, and you WILL lose respect. Second, hows your electrical looking right now?

No, Not like that, I have 6 neighbors, i live in the country, Everyone has loud music.<we are all cool. They all rock kicker, except the kid at the end of the road he has all kenwood, He thinks his 4 12s are the loudest thing on the planet..Sigh...My electrical is stock, i do have runs of 0 and 4 gauge wire in the garage, i also have a new alternator on the shelf to send out once i figure what i need. Thats all i have though..

How do you flex things over the internet?

Sight...LoL its been a long couple of days..

Edited by FlexinAChevy

Aw, you got it, lol.

Honestly...whats the space like? Removing the back seats? I would honestly do four 12s. Budget subs....four pioneer championships on two AQ2200s. Mechman 270, one or two D3100s, and you have more than enough to also work on the front stage.

Or two DC 15" XLs on two AQ2200s similar electrical.

But once you start getting into the bigger subs that can take more power, you're going to spend a whole lot more stabilizing the electrical. I have spent more on my electrical than some have on their whole system.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Gotcha. I would definitely use that 0 gauge wire, upgrade your big 3, and a couple batts. Your gonna need a good amp to power some subs. How many subs are you willing to work with? And how mch space do you have to work with?

2010 Civic SI sedan: Crystal Black Pearl

All stock.

I would do subs forward port up with 4 12s.

Or sub up port up with 2 15s.

Where do you live? Give me a call and we can discuss the DC woofers.

912-308-1115

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer