Fiberglass---warppin??

ok i have a question. I really dont know much bout fiberglassing. I just had these door pods made for me. I went to put them on the other night just to see how i should mount them. Well one kinda looks a little warped and does not quite line up, i mean it does but one side looks kinda like it got warped. How do i fix that? Or is there no really fixin that. Also would the cold make it do something like that? Would heatin it up just a tad fix it. Idk if heating it up then try to bend it a tad would work. So please if you have any info share it and i will get some pics for ya. Thanks!!

Adding heat won't do anything.

Whoever made them for ya probally had a hot batch of resin or used some extra heat to speed the curing process and it caused the warping.

It is an easy fix....if caught at the right time. ie - before any wrapping or painting of the pods.

It will be easier for me to help you further with pics of said pods and where they mount and the warpage.

normal_EPICENTERDESIGNS_128.gif

Building The Best.....Repairing The Rest

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer

than the sweetness of that cheap price!

well they have already been painted once but turned out shitty. So im going to re paint them. Idk what im going to do. later im going to go down to the shop to mess around with them and take some pics.. Idk if i take my panel off and put a little pressure i can get them bolted down.. Ill just have to see what i can do. Hopefully i can get it fixed. Been to busy lately to mess around with it. thanks and ill be postin some pics later today for ya to check out if i cant get it.

I would assume the fiberglassed pod will be more rigid than your panel. If you bolt it on, it will pull the panel to it and probally have some alignment issues.

I will help you fix them here. Just post the pics. Lots of different angle pics.

normal_EPICENTERDESIGNS_128.gif

Building The Best.....Repairing The Rest

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer

than the sweetness of that cheap price!

Archived