Sundown Audio

6 sa12s ported vs 6 sa 15s sealed

Sounds like the way to go bang for the buck

2009 Buick Lucerne CXL, Sundown SAZ-3000d,Sundown SAX 100.4,2 Shuriken SK-BT80 (80ah batts),Mechman Custom Alt (specs to be determined),Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine I61-2,T3 Audio t2000 (2 12s) , JVC KWHDR720 (doubledin headunit w/iPhone adapter) , SecondSkin Damplifier Pro/ Speaker Tweakers......Build in progress but I have all equipment and Enclosure is going to be around 5 net @ 35hz

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like 6 12s its cooler to watch em all move gives you a little more wow factor.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

well how much room do you have to work with? Whats the measurements of the cargo area.. I like the idea for 6 12's ported, but i dont see why you couldnt do 4 15s ported instead.. save yourself some money so you could throw another amp on them down the road..

This ia still like 5 months away but working with 49 w 22h 31d could get more depth but I gotta keep room for my tools and cooler at least

Edited by Dangerous10K

2009 Buick Lucerne CXL, Sundown SAZ-3000d,Sundown SAX 100.4,2 Shuriken SK-BT80 (80ah batts),Mechman Custom Alt (specs to be determined),Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine I61-2,T3 Audio t2000 (2 12s) , JVC KWHDR720 (doubledin headunit w/iPhone adapter) , SecondSkin Damplifier Pro/ Speaker Tweakers......Build in progress but I have all equipment and Enclosure is going to be around 5 net @ 35hz

Realistically i have 2 80ah batts planning on gettin 2 more shurikens and a 270 amp mechman so I don't think ill ever have the money to have electical to power 2 saz 3000ds

well how much room do you have to work with? Whats the measurements of the cargo area.. I like the idea for 6 12's ported, but i dont see why you couldnt do 4 15s ported instead.. save yourself some money so you could throw another amp on them down the road..

save money for recones after he got another amp to then, if he did that.

6 12s has more coils to better handle power, and more motors for more power behind the cone.

all the 4 15s have is a slight cone area advantage.

This ia still like 5 months away but working with 49 w 22h 31d could get more depth but I gotta keep room for my tools and cooler at least

You could fit 8 sa12s in that much airspace and have a good sized port tuned low, and still have some space left over.

Will 35 Hz be good for chopped and screwed?

I could do 33.5 and go 6 15s that would be retarded loud we got.someone who has 6 15 powerbass and burps 158s

Will 35 Hz be good for chopped and screwed?

I could do 33.5 and go 6 15s that would be retarded loud we got.someone who has 6 15 powerbass and burps 158s

I modeled it at 33 hz, 12 cubes, and a 47.5 x 4" port, just about 20 inches long.

I usually have my boxes at 34~35hz though. and it plays all but a few of the chopped and screwed music I have