Low voltage issue

Hi everybody! (dr. nick voice)

Ok long story short, i'm running an 8O amp stock alt, stock front batt, and 2 kinetik HC2000's in the back. Being powered by them is an SAZ-1500D @ 1ohm.

I've always had good voltage at idle, 14.1 - 14.4, but lately, my voltage has been around 13.5, and when i run full tilt, i drop to 12.6. And when i bring up the rpm's, my voltage doesnt change. I went into autozone today to get a load test put on my alt, but they refused because it was raining <_< Anyway, got home, left the car running, and took off the "+"

terminal on my battery, and the car still ran. So my alt isn't dead, atleast not yet.

Can anyone think why my voltage is so shitty?

Edited by C-Fizzy

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

u have low voltage cuz loud systems are not for fhegs

nah buut... it could be your volt meter take your multi meter and turn your system up and put it on your front battery and then to the back ones and then on the amp u get what im saying?

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Please dont do that last part again, it could damage the alt with only itself hooked up running the car, that was a way to test the alt on like older older cars, but with newer cars is not good.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Please dont do that last part again, it could damage the alt with only itself hooked up running the car, that was a way to test the alt on like older older cars, but with newer cars is not good.

Wasn't aware, but i'll be purchasing a H/O alt anyway. Thanks for that bit of info.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

now that think about it it probably is your volt meter.. your car should be sitting at 14v at idle no matter what, since you did take the volt meter out of its case maybe the bass rattled the little adjuster down so instead of you looking at 14.4 ur looking at 12.6

BUILDLOG

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

do you ever have your batteries trickle charge?

Nope. But my front batt is reading 12.3 and my rear batts are reading 12.5

Thats decent, correct?

under construction

u hate c-fizzy?

now that think about it it probably is your volt meter.. your car should be sitting at 14v at idle no matter what, since you did take the volt meter out of its case maybe the bass rattled the little adjuster down so instead of you looking at 14.4 ur looking at 12.6

i'll do what we talked about.

under construction

u hate c-fizzy?

do you ever have your batteries trickle charge?

Nope. But my front batt is reading 12.3 and my rear batts are reading 12.5

Thats decent, correct?

some might say thats low but thats generally around where mine sit, and i dont experience problems. maybe putting them on a charger overnight could help keep you above 14

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

voltage is fixed i fixed it when he wasnt looking

BUILDLOG