Alt/batt Determination

Is there a way, such as a calculation, or some type of rule of thumb to determine what alternator, as well as how many batteries it will take to run a certain system? Are there any guidelines to determine these values? For example, lets say i have a 5000 watt system, can i plug that into an equation, or some sort of outline to determine what size alternator i would need, and how many batteries i would need? or if i wanted an 8000watt system, same thing.... Is there a rule, like for every 1000watts you need a certain amount of amps within a battery? :blink::blink: I am not trying to figure anything out for myself, I am just askin for basic knowledge to see if there is an easy way to determine this (mostly about the extra batteries part), thanks in advance!

Nobody makes me bleed my own blood, NOBODY!!!

kinetiks website will tell you how many batteries you need.

thanks man, i know about there online calculator, but i was just wondering if there was a way to do it for other batteries, and also to see how they actualy do the calculation...

try this calculator its generic but should help ya get started

sorry wrong one get the other one up here in a sec

Calc

Edited by roscoe1129

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

try this calculator its generic but should help ya get started

sorry wrong one get the other one up here in a sec

Calc

thanks bud! :) that calc is cool, but it is just basic ohms law, i was looking for something like a rule of thumb or a calculation that experienced experts know about, when it comes to adding extra batts, and upgrading alts (if there even is one...). <_<

thanks bud! :) that calc is cool, but it is just basic ohms law, i was looking for something like a rule of thumb or a calculation that experienced experts know about, when it comes to adding extra batts, and upgrading alts (if there even is one...). <_<

one rule of thumb would be u can never have too many alts/batts.... ;)

Edited by adam4563

The New - 2002 Acura Rsx (work in progress)Eclipse AVN7000Eclipse 4 Channel4 Polk Audio Db 6.5 (soon to be changed)T500.1Punch 3 15"- The (old) System - 94 GMC Sonoma Ext. CabH/U - Pioneer Avic D3Eclipse 4 Channel Amp2 MB Quart DUA 216 6.5 components2 Polk Momo 4x10s1 RF Power T5001bd2 RF P315D4's 5 cubes net @ 35hzPowermaster D1200 Battery

mm yeah thats why I said it was generic, I havent seen any others beside the one Kinetik uses on their site so I figured ohms law was better than none and at least a good starting point.......

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

mm yeah thats why I said it was generic, I havent seen any others beside the one Kinetik uses on their site so I figured ohms law was better than none and at least a good starting point.......

it is a good starting point, I was just trying to see how others figure this out. i really do appreciate the online calc!