Sonic Electronix

Hey everyone, I'm runnin 2 infinty 1209's in a vented enclosure pushed by a kappa one amp. The power drain is too much and the gains not even high? The vehicle is a 09 genesis 4dr and I don't want to start doing to much to it cause it's a lease. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Edited by Ds5381

The gain is set way too low. If I set it rite then the draw is too much and the amp goes into protect mode. Is this common to have this much draw with an 800w amp? I'm kinda hesitant to do the big 3 cause the car is a lease but will upgrading my original battery have any effect?

what happens exactly to the amp? does it just go into protect or does it get super hot? is your ground wire bolted to a piece of metal with the paint shaved off? are your power and ground wires the same size and the largest you can install in the terminals? what ohm load are you wired to? and whats the model number of the amp exactly? no reason your amp should be messing up when its like 400-500rms. its gotta be user error.

The amp doesn't get hot at all. The wiring is 4g and the amp is on a 2ohm load. Previously I had a DA 600 mono and didn't have any problems. I know the kappa one is 800w RMS and 1600w max and the amp will go into protect mode when the gain is set rite even at 3/4 volume and the bass boost down? The ground is installed to a factory ground in the trunk.

Edited by Ds5381