Second Skin Audio

bandpass wall - finicky lil booger

i got my wall playing today and did some testing. granted its not finished yet, ive still gotta round the port, play with some tuning, and finish sealing around it, so it will get louder as i finish it.

first off, dont confuse my wall with some of the more spl oriented ones out there like "noisycricket" and such. i understand that due to the design of the bandpass that doing a driver side port and removing the driver seat like that will cross load the cabin and yield better numbers on meter, but i dont ride around all day with my driver seat out so that isnt any good for me.

i built my car with the port at the top and in the middle. entire car sealed, number isnt that great. driver window down with passenger side sealed, same number as entire car sealed. open driver door and passenger door, number jumps 9db on dash, with loudest number being about where the headrest would be if i hadnt removed them from the car. floorboard numbers are even better but i dont drive with my head in the floor, so that number is irrelevant.

car plays within 1.5 db at just about every frequency from 32hz to 70hz, so musically it is just fuckin' awesome. any of you other bandpass guys out there have any of these odd ball results?

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

what are your specs? for your wall and some final pics would be nice

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

i would not consider crickets car spl oriented.

i never said anything about his car itself being spl oriented. what i was talking about was how his port is behind the driver seat. the driver seat is taken out when he meters it. that is what i meant when i said spl oriented.

unless im missing something, i dont believe he can come even close to doing those scores with the car being in a drivable state (driver seat in the car). if im wrong on this please correct me.

Edited by Hugh G. Rection

Owner of BigAss Ports

NOISEY CRICKET CAN PLAY MUSIC IN THE HIGH 150'S

8 0

Edited by 80INCHES

TEAM YEA WE R THAT LOUD2wh03vb.jpgMinnie told Mickey "I want a divorce". Mickey said to Minnie, "Are you Fucking Crazy?" Minnie replied, "No, i'm fucking Goofy!"hit me up for box designs..i specialize in bandpass design

Guys, let´s not ruin hugh´s topic, i understood what he said about noisycricket, he didn´t say it doesn´t play any music or something like that so forget it!

About me, well i build a 4th order but on the trunk, not a wall like yours so i can´t comment about that just yet, but yes i´m building a 4th order wall next month so i´ll be happy to give you my results, anyways, what´s the ratio on that 4th order? any pics? BP´s are fun :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Guys, let´s not ruin hugh´s topic, i understood what he said about noisycricket, he didn´t say it doesn´t play any music or something like that so forget it!

About me, well i build a 4th order but on the trunk, not a wall like yours so i can´t comment about that just yet, but yes i´m building a 4th order wall next month so i´ll be happy to give you my results, anyways, what´s the ratio on that 4th order? any pics? BP´s are fun :)

its a 1:2 and the subs are in 4.5 cubes sealed, 190in^2 of port.

Owner of BigAss Ports

well, that´s a very nice ratio, plays very flat , would love to get a demo from that 4th order man, but yeah, 9 dbs when you open the door it´s weird as hell, first time i hear something like that,let´s wait for other BP guys to come in and give their opinions :drinks:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/