2 18" DC lvl 5's 6KW of Sundown in a VW Lupo!

Im just sayin, i have 572 AH worth of batts in my car, right around the same number the OP has, and I have similar power wise, on paper atleast... and i have a DC 180a alt that does over 200....

i have massive voltage drop... down to the 11s...

if you dont care about voltage drop thats fine... but im just trying to tell you since we have similar setups for power/electrical...

I'm not saying you don't know what you are talking about Derrick but what you need to remember is that Sundown amp don't have the same current draw as Stetsom amps. My Saz 3k @ .25 pulls less voltage then my Memphis 2500 @ 1 ohms. Sundown amps aren't power hogs. And Dodger elec. setup is fine for powering 4 1500's. Yes its better to have more but he is fine with what he has. And Imo voltage drop is below what your batteries rest at. My batteries rest at 12.8 and it takes 3-5 mins wide open to get my batteries below that. I don't know about you but my volume hard ever goes above half even during demos. I'm running .25 daily with no problem with voltage at all. This is with a stock alt!!!! It won't drop below 13.5 above 2000 rpms. Even if i'm beating on it. Maybe one or more of your batteries are bad. I had that problem about a year ago. Dead battery and didn't know it.

1993 Mazda Mx-3

Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7

Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4

Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D

Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear

All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's

Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat

Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

hmmmm

1993 Mazda Mx-3

All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

Im not sure who you are callin a dumb ass but im not the one saying i have no voltage drop when im runnning a POWER hungry amp at .25 ohms off a stock Eighty amp alternator

Now you make a video of your voltage not dropping at full tilt for several minutes then i will see it as plausible but until then there is no way you are doing that

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Im just sayin, i have 572 AH worth of batts in my car, right around the same number the OP has, and I have similar power wise, on paper atleast..

. and i have a DC 180a alt that does over 200....

i have massive voltage drop... down

to the 11s...

if you dont care about voltage drop thats fine... but im just trying to tell you since we have similar setups for power/electrical...

I'm gonna blame it on them being blue ...

Crapnetik!!

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Hmm how to explain this.

There is no harm meant in any of this...

Being Americans you are all mostly used to big cars, big engines and big power.

In the UK cars are smaller, a 2.0L engine is considered quite large and will easily completely fill an engine bay, my 1.8 does that on my little car. Trying to squeeze multiple alts into an engine bay with his 1.4 engine will not fit( If the OP would post a pic of his bay you'd see this). He is simply doing what he can to make the most of what he has got. He in the UK and Ireland we don't have DC/mechman/irragi ground shipping and so it will cost him a hell of a lot to get any huge amount of power anyway

Yes I'm sure the OP realises if he gives over 3/4 power for any length of time he will incur significant Voltage drop but like most I highly doubt he would be able to handle 4500-7000W on 2 18s for very long and will only do that for 3-10 Second burs before recharging.

As long as he keeps the power/time@ ratio good he'll be fine.

Oh and BTW OP id watch your front window on this one... lol

Live life to the full... Then TURN THAT BITCH UP!

291nldv.png

What you don't like being called a Dumb ass? Well maybe you shouldn't call other that then. And you are suppose to be a mod. thats funny. I love to make a vid to show you that you don't know what going on in my car. But I don't have a video camera. Sundown amps aren't power hungry like that memphis crap you are running!!!

1993 Mazda Mx-3

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

Im not sure where you come off saying that Memphis is Crap... I never once said Sundown was Crap all im saying is there is no plausible way you are running an amp that does 3K rms on a stock Eighty amp alternator and not getting drop

Until you show me video proof of such than im callin BS is all im saying buddy

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

What you don't like being called a Dumb ass? Well maybe you shouldn't call other that then. And you are suppose to be a mod. thats funny. I love to make a vid to show you that you don't know what going on in my car. But I don't have a video camera. Sundown amps aren't power hungry like that memphis crap you are running!!!

Well forgive me for callin you a dumb ass alright... You have no idea how many people we as mods deal with on a daily basis that come up with some crazy ass shit like what you claimed was possible... If it is than thats cool i just think that a video would be a good way to shut down doubts because it does not seem very plausible.. If you can make that kind of power with stock alts than places like DC-Power and Iraggi etc would have no place in the audio industry.. So get a video of it :)

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

Man DodgerCannon small world lol opposite s wood school chsta road right???

you might have seen me rollin round in a white over silver people carrier (bit diff from the norm) with a lil beat :drink40:

mind if i come have a look m8 ?

Well forgive me for callin you a dumb ass alright... You have no idea how many people we as mods deal with on a daily basis that come up with some crazy ass shit like what you claimed was possible... If it is than thats cool i just think that a video would be a good way to shut down doubts because it does not seem very plausible.. If you can make that kind of power with stock alts than places like DC-Power and Iraggi etc would have no place in the audio industry.. So get a video of it :)

All is forgiving. My alt does 14.6 cold and 14.1-13.9 hot. Its stock and I don't why it put out that much but it does. I not claiming no voltage drop but its very little at normal volume. Beating on it hard I may drop 1-1.5 volts. It takes 3-4 mins with the volume at 3/4 before it drops into the 12's and come right back into the 13's with a beat break.

P.S. I call Memphis crap because I use to them. And thats how I feel about there amps and subs.(2 Memphis 2500.1 and 4 Mojo 15's)

1993 Mazda Mx-3

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

Archived