Sonic Electronix

Share your "acoustical terrorist" stories!

I got many stories but ill share 2 of my favorite ones...when I was young and dumb one summer me and my friend both had grand ams with 2 12s in them and we would go to his house and work on our systems (cause his parents were at work) and his neighbor called the cops on us one time (she would never complain to us about the sound) when the cop got there he asked what we had and wanted to hear it real quick (he used to work at a sound shop) then told us to turn it down or go to a parking lot to tune our stuff. The other time I was in taco bells drive thru and a lil hardbody in front of me had some bass so I turned mine up and the brothers in the window judged and said I won lol

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

2008 Chevy Impala (Daily Driver)

Pioneer touchscreen w/navi

1 DC XL 15" (around 4cuft ported box)

1 AQ2200

1 AQ90x4

Memphis MClass 6.5s (front doors)

Memphis MClass 6x9s (rear deck)

stock alt & front batt; 1 Red top in the trunk

139.2db sealed (on my old JL1000/1)

140.0db outlaw (on my old JL1000/1)

1992 Chevy S-10 Ext cab. (project car)

Coming Soon: Bagged with some kind of wall.

mines not that cool, but a buddie of mine was ridin along with me he had kidney problems a while back... had surgery prob 8mo prior to this, but we were cruisin along. playin my little precision power 10's in 1.6cuft seald... all 4 windows down. and after about two songs he told me to turn it down cause he was getting sick and his kidneys were killing him ! haha

stop light...i usually turn down...

driving.... I DUMP IT

-06' f-150...

audio.video.performance.visual

-08' yfz 450

all go. no sho

this aint much of a storie but when i was comeing home from work one day where i useto work it was close to the vol fire dept and just above it was a traffic light

well i was playing around with my system n was playing some song, i think it was "sean paul - u aint know" and when the fire alarm went off i could hear my stereo over it and i live about 5-7miles away from where i useto work and when it goes off i can hear it at the house with doors and windows shut so i think that was pritty cool

and pulling up behind someone (well it was a friend of mine on a dirt road back in the sticks) i was wangin out on my system and he said it was makeing his rear vew shake and he was like 10ft in front of me lol

oh, i like when my bass would hit the real low notes and my hood on my truck would flex :) and the windshield washer bottle would move around, i guess it wasnt bad for 2 15's on about 1000rms in bout 2cf each sealed downfire lol

but ya when i had my honda up and running i useto be a turd and blare my shit at red lights, i didn't give a shit i thought i was loud, but now that im married and got a kid shit changes and u have more respect for other people

i guess its ok if i tune my system at my house if the neighbor can "tune" his streight piped ford dump truck with i think a 351 in it and it rattles the trees behind the house, and my other neighbor can grind away on his old ass ford stingray type race car looking thing

oh another lil storie, when i was testing my system in the other house beside this one, i was in the basement with it sealed up ecept for a hole in the wall(for a window) at about 3ftx4ft and when i was playing some psyph morrison dad said i was shaking his bed and it was about 200ft away or so, i guess lows travel farther lol

ya the song i was playing then was "turn it up" by psyph morrison

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

ok i have 2 stories.

I used to have 2 15" AA Havocs on a AQ 2200 and it was a box that sealed off the trunk well i got the box in my car and had it pointing at the roof and had just hooked the wires into the amp I turned on Comfortably Numb at like volume 15 just enough to hear bass and make sure both subs were moving and i had it on for about 15 second just enough time. Well the dick across the street freaks out and starts yelling and threaten to call the cops while he comes onto my property. Well I just told him to GTFO my property and never had a problem after that.

NExt i had my 2 12's in my blowthru and went through the drive thru of the MCD where i used to work and i turned it up for about 30 seconds because they're cool with it well i get up to the second window and i get told this "First i knew it was you i can hear you over everything in this damn store and your going to give someone a heart attack" lol

:pardon:

But otherwise at stop signs, lights or nieghborhoods my system is down to a very quiet level

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

well to be honest, i am a first time poster to this site and i don't have beat like you people have (just a clarion head unit and speakers, came with the car). The college kid next door likes to come home on the weekend and play ICP real loud with the bass rattling the trunk and stuff..Well one day i get tired of his "music" and go out to my car.. I pop in some Queen, turn it up and he looks at me, turns off his music and goes inside...Was quiet for the rest of the night..

In class Tuesday I pull my truck into the shop so it'd stay nice and warm for me.

We had a few hours of open shop time to do whatever so I was re-taping my windows and do some other MISC shit I needed to do.

I asked one of my redneck buddies if he had any bluegrass cause I've never played any on the system.

He let me borrow one of his CD's so I let it rip full tilt in the shop.

It sounded fucking amazing, kick drum was loud and the vocals carried damn well.

Some kid parked next to me started bitching up a storm about I was gonna piss the teacher off and all this shit.

I said, "Yeah, yeah, I'll turn it down I suppose."

Nobody else said anything...

hahaha :) i set off an alarm today. my little tens made me proud! pulled into a subway parking lott, and i was still a little ways away from it... id say a good 30yards, and before i could turn it down the alarm was going off! haha

-06' f-150...

audio.video.performance.visual

-08' yfz 450

all go. no sho

I have a good one..

I was at a stop light in San Diego bumping on my two 10'' hx2 listen to "dime Piece" and i had my window down and the lady in the car in front of me jumped out of her lexus and said "turn It down" in an angry manner.hahah i just laughed as the light changed and she was in the intersection.

Another time i was bumping at In and Out and the guy in front of me got out of the passenger side car and banged on my window and said im tired of hearing this shit.. I just laughed again taking these both as compliments.. i dont want to piss people off, it just happens.

so, you were being a dick head at a intersection by blasting your music, with alot of people around you, and they got pissed because you were being a dick about it, told you to turn it down then you laughed at them ?

yeah, not exactly a nice thing to do...

Is anyone ever nice nowadays? Very few. I don't do stupid shit like that though. Piss of the wrong person, and you're staring down the barrel of a 9mm.

its just called manners... some people have them, some dont... the ones that dont are the ones that give us audiophiles a bad name...

IF it was provoked, I can understand blasting at a stop light... but if your just doing it to be a dick head and get a rise out of people, go fuck your self... seriously...

I have no intention of pissing people off.. I don't like making people angry because of my system it does give us a bad name.. I was just excited to leave and haven't heard my system in a while so i went crazy. I usually i turn it down at a stop light. I just thought it was funny and took it as a compliment, cause she was a little nuts!

2-10 inch hx2's rfd2110 getting close to 1200 watts rms

PWK enclosure-rear loading folded horn

1-mtx 81000d

1-SAX-100.4

1-alpine h/u

1-set of cdt's euro components

1-set of alpine type's

I Was at a light with my wife and the stereo was down to the point you could barely hear anything.. we were talking and a redneck in a lifted truck came up behind us "bumpin". Wife told me to shut him up. When I turned it up a guy two cars ahead and a lane over opened his door and leaned out looking under his car. He looked around then realized it was my stereo and then he started laughing. He thought his car broke. Then he was smiling and yelling something at me... couldn't hear him though.

About a month ago i went to a local shop to get metered. The Employees were extremely rude. I asked to get metered the woman said "what, you think your loud?" in a snotty tone. I told her yea, and then she said "we'll see about that." Well i set her car alarm off from inside their building, and it rattled loose a part of their light fixture that fell and hit my car. Then she changed her tone to "you should be wearing hearing protection!". They never heard of DC Audio or American Bass. They thought it was cheap swapmeet crap. It was funny, except the $850 of damage to my car. Still waiting to get my car fixed. :bull: F*CK JERRYS STEREO IN YUBA CITY!

hahaha that funny, people can be very ignorant sometimes.. I wish i could have seen you shut that bitch down!!

2-10 inch hx2's rfd2110 getting close to 1200 watts rms

PWK enclosure-rear loading folded horn

1-mtx 81000d

1-SAX-100.4

1-alpine h/u

1-set of cdt's euro components

1-set of alpine type's

Archived