Sonic Electronix

im completely new to FI but im get a 15" FI BTL and i want to know how much power i should be running to it.also what should the box be tuned to?

mechanical power handling will be dependent on your enclosure. tuning is dependent on your listening preferences.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

if you're "new" to fi, why do you want to automatically jump to their largest woofer? and i take it from your other questions regarding power and box tuning, that you are quite new to the car audio game. this is my fair warning, start out with a small system and learn from mistakes, rather than start with a large system and having to buy a new car because yours burnt down to the ground.

if you're "new" to fi, why do you want to automatically jump to their largest woofer? and i take it from your other questions regarding power and box tuning, that you are quite new to the car audio game. this is my fair warning, start out with a small system and learn from mistakes, rather than start with a large system and having to buy a new car because yours burnt down to the ground.

well my last system i had was a kicker L5 15" and i have had my mistake wit it. but i want something thats is louder and that can handle more power. i know lil bit about car audio i just havent dealt with brands like FI AA etc.i know that i will have to do a big 3, upgrade my alt, and replace my stock battery to be able to give the BTL the most power it can handle.

The most it can handle? I had an RF T4000 wired at 1 ohm to each of my BTLs and they ate it daily.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I got 3k goin to mine daily. Just gotta feed it good clean power.

RF_728x090_caraudiofanatics-1.jpg

xs-1.jpg

logo-1.png

1991 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

DC Power 270 Amp Alt

Big 3

Kicker/KnuKonceptz 0 Gauge Power wire

XS Power D6500

XS Power D3100

Pioneer Headunit

JBL Mids and Highs

Rockford Fosgate 400.4

3 Sundown Audio SA-10's wired @ .67 ohms

American Bass 150.1

What Kranny is saying you might want to do a lot more research. There really is no comparing the L5 to the BTL, its not fair at all. The L5 can be a very decent performer if used correctly but knowing a little will not save you.

What's your budget? What vehicle? How much space available? You're going to need a lot more than just the big 3 and upgraded starting battery.

The rms is 2000 watts and I suggest you stay there. Tune to 32hz (personal assumption to your musical tastes) and get an XS S1200 upfront and an XS D3100 in the back. Depending on the vehicle, an upgraded alternator might be required but I would do it regardless.

About 4 cubes after displacement with 14 sq in port per. Speaker placement is also going to depend on your vehicle