Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer help in Truck

JBYRD8

ok i have a 95 chevy silverado ext. cab, right now i have the back seat out and two 12" Sony Xplod subs in a ported box...

Should i keep this set up or go to better subs.. ( no my subs arent from walmart), i was thinkin 10's or better 12's i dont know what to get, I mean either 2 10's in ported/sealed or 2 12's ported/sealed, which one? and what brand of subs?... and probably gonna need a better amp..

ok i have a 95 chevy silverado ext. cab, right now i have the back seat out and two 12" Sony Xplod subs in a ported box...

Should i keep this set up or go to better subs.. ( no my subs arent from walmart), i was thinkin 10's or better 12's i dont know what to get, I mean either 2 10's in ported/sealed or 2 12's ported/sealed, which one? and what brand of subs?... and probably gonna need a better amp..

Def go with two 12's, because you got more area of speaker, meaning better bass. But at the same time, you can have $1500 speakers, but if your amp/headunit/wiring is cheap, then the system will still sound cheap. Best thing you can do, is figure out what a good budget is. Post up your budget, and we will be better able to help you out.

mivtCK.png

I'd probably do about $1500 or so..and TeamHT i dont know if i can fit four 12's in a row... if i could what would be the best amp to power all four? or would i have to get two amps?

Im a bass head but i also drag race motorcycles so i have more money in to that but i also like to hear/feel the great bass hitin me..

The older boxes were a little smaller, but you can fit four. I would do four pioneer championships 12s on two AQ1200s. One AQ2200 if you want to run one amp. But this would of course include upgrading the electrical.

I ran four pioneer championship 12s in a 9 cu ft enclosure after displacement, tuned to 34hz on two AQ1200 then two AQ2200 and that was my favorite setup so far before upgrading to some real equipment.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

And if you feel like you don't want to deal with the space, I would do four 10s on an AQ2200

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived