Sonic Electronix

I'm not sure if there's a limit to how many threads you can post in one day, but I posted one earlier, so if I'm breaking a rule, I apologize. So as SOME of you guys MAY know, I've been trying to get my system for a while. And silly me didn't know that asking questions on a forum would give me answers so different from each other, its amazing. Beyond the point, I'm going to run (2) Sundown Audio SA-12's Dual 4 on either one of these amps. (1) AQ1200D or (1) AP15001D.

I heard the AQ is more expensive because it is made with "higher" quality parts, but the AP can do just as much damage as the AQ, and is about half as cheap. Do you think it really matters if I go with the AP? I know the AQ has a LED light that tells me if I'm overpowering the amp, but can't I just but a virtual volt meter and put it on my dash or something? I would really love to buy an AQ2200D but I'm a teenager and I can't just pull money out of my neighbors apple tree. Whoever can answer this question, I really appreciate it. Is there really a DIFFERENCE between the AQ1200D and the AP15001D? Thanks.

*I would also like to say MERRY CHRISTMAS once again, and I hope everything went well for everyone. And also, I would like to thank TeamHT & Kranny for helping me out throughout my "clueless" stage and giving me advice on how to get the best system for the money. Thank you to anyone else who had to read my dumb and stupid threads and answered them nicely. Best of wishes to all, and Merry Christmas.

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Just look around and then choose vs threads suck

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

hell yes there is a difference. the AP does do rated power but its cheap and dirty. the AQ is a much better amp in many ways.

in a small system you want something that will sound good. no sense in sacrificing SQ for SPL when the end result still wont be loud. the AQ will help you have a better sounding sub stage.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

hell yes there is a difference. the AP does do rated power but its cheap and dirty. the AQ is a much better amp in many ways.

in a small system you want something that will sound good. no sense in sacrificing SQ for SPL when the end result still wont be loud. the AQ will help you have a better sounding sub stage.

To be quite honest, I wish I knew what SQ for SPL meant. :/ Anywayss, what do you mean "Cheap and Dirty" . Like, I know its cheap, that's why I'm asking if I should get it :) But dirty? Like does it make the sub sound cheap? Or what? And would the AP make my subs knock harder then the AQ? Even though I know a few hundred watts can't be heard, but idk.

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Will do. Just search that under what? General Audio?

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

The AQ bends the AP over. Aq can do .5 daily and at that load, can easily whip the shit out of the Ap.

Aq all the way.

So an AQ would slap the .... out of an AP even though AP has more rated power?

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

If by .... you mean shit, then yes.

Couldn't have said it any better. AQ it is :)

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

the aq is rated at 1200 but it can do more than that with good electrical

like i said on the first reply in your other thread, aq1200 would be great for those 12s, an extra 150 watts per sub is not worth the quality aq will give you over ap, this is what i think