Bagging and Body Dropping

yo big dee like ur pic that shit is badass, anyone have an idea in price for a full bag kit?? or should i just buy it piece by piece?? and hell i would never get close to a 4wd... lol but i still dont no if i should buy one or bag it myself but i dont want to mess anything up since i dont no what im doing since i cant seem to find any step by step instructions on how to bag a truck

i got lucky on my truck. most of the work was done on mine when i got it. but ive put a lot of money in it fast. cause it dont take long to do it . and still spending on it weekly. but im gonna body drop mine soon. does any one on here have any pics or videos of a chevy getting bodydroped to kinda give us an idea were to start cutting? but now ive had time to realy look at mine already bagged. i could do it i think , or atleast a truck like mine so i could copy of the other lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Take it from me I'll get pics of mine up soon .... Stock floor it meaning you move the body mounts down and notch the floor for the frame rails that way you won't loose head room .... I have a 2000 Tacoma bagged/ body on 18's with a full funny car roll cage and 800 hp Sbc : )

1999 GMC Jimmy

24" alloy tech rims

alpine iva-d310

8 dc audio lvl 2 12's

2 kicker 1500.1's soon to be DC : )

2 kicker 450.2's soon to be DC also!

4 optima yellow tops

1 DC power alt 270 amp

All stinger HPM wiring

Theres alot more to a stock floor than that! You have to box your frame and cut the top section of the frame rails off. As far as your questions bud you can bag your truck yourself for around 2000 grand for quality parts with 8 valves. The back isnt to bad you just have to be sure to get your pinion angles correct. You dont want your drive line pinching when your laid out. 4 link is definately the best way to go. I know alot of people are going with 2 links these days but you can achieve alot more lift and better ride with a 4 link. The front on the other hand is a little more tricky. I suggest buying some control arms meant for bagging a truck. Then all your gonna have to do is trim your spring pocket. This is a pretty advanced job man and if youve never done something like this before I suggest finding a shop that will let you come in and help on the build and take some of the price off for you working on it. This is what I done. You have to get the geometries correct or you will be in the ditch. On the other hand if you wwant to pay someone to do it your gonna be looking at around 3500 for a ag job and around the same to body drop it. If you do em both at the same time they will usually cut you a deal because they dont have to tear the truck back down. Anyways if your serious aout it hit me up and I will be happy to steer you in the right direction bud

Yeah I could have sworn doing a sfbd meant you either section the frame rails under the cab or just build a whole new frame from the firewall back. cutting into the floor to allow the body to move down over the frame defeats the purpose of a stockfloor which is to give you more head and leg room, oh and not have but humps everywhere

You can BAG a full size chevy (s10 also) in a weekend yes. Because you can buy pretty much everything ("bolt on"} to build one with a drill,sawzall,cut off wheel,and wrenches.It is going to cost your around $1000+ in air management alone for quality air ride parts , Id recommend a minimum of 5 gallons of air an 2-100% duty cycle compressor ( I like viair 450c but I alway ran 150psi).

be prepared to spend $3000 + in parts alone (assuming bolt on).

A "good" shop will charge in the area of $1000 per 1" of body drop.

(Well they use to anyways.. before every tom,dick,and harry became overnight fabricators.

I would not recommend in any, way , shape , or forum to try an body drop a truck in a weekend.

Unless it is a truck you can Z the frame on , an even then I wouldn't attempt a rush job to get it

done in a weekend. I don't care how "good" you are, that is how hack jobs are made.

Also a "good" shop will charge you DOUBLE to have to fix someone else's hack job F**k up.

Yeah I could have sworn doing a sfbd meant you either section the frame rails under the cab or just build a whole new frame from the firewall back. cutting into the floor to allow the body to move down over the frame defeats the purpose of a stockfloor which is to give you more head and leg room, oh and not have but humps everywhere

Depends on the truck.Channeling is a old school method of body dropping a truck an can

be done with loosing little to no head room.

ok thanks noma, bc im thinking about getting my buddies dodge ram single cab i think is like a 96 but not sure, but it does need some work on the inside like headliner and a new steering wheel, but other then that i would like to bag it that is if i get it

Archived