Sonic Electronix

New subs, Amp now goes into protection mode???

That amp seens like a mids/highs amp. Just saying its not the problem but im guessing it has all the crossovers such as highpass, lowpass?

Edited by Winn

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

I don't know what they are wired to but I can describe how my friend wired them which is simple enoug. There are 4 wires going to my amp, 2 positive, 2 negative all coming off the postitive and negative terminals on the subs, nothing wired fancy inside the box. Then they are twisted together and bridged to the only 2 bridgable channels my amp has, the other 2 channels are only for high pass.

do a shitty paint picture of it and show us

LOL ill see what i can do

yea cuz with the kickers it was a final of 4 ohm load and the JLs might be duals that could bring them to a 1 ohm load and could absolutely shit on that amp

If they are singles that would mean that it would be a 2 ohm final

Check the speaker terminals and it should say as an example "2 ohm MIN"

I have the spec booklet and it says DC resistence 3.51 ohm and nominal impedence 4 ohm nothing about a final ohm

Check on the amp, it SHOULD say 2Ω MINIMUM.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

yea cuz with the kickers it was a final of 4 ohm load and the JLs might be duals that could bring them to a 1 ohm load and could absolutely shit on that amp

I have the spec booklet and it says DC resistence 3.51 ohm and nominal impedence 4 ohm nothing about a final ohm

that means if you wired them in parallel two SVC 4ohms will come out to 2 ohms cuz parallel cuts the ohms in half. although if you have one you could only get 4 ohm

Edited by Winn

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

All i have to say if its cuz of the subs. wire them in series to a 8 ohm and see what you get :pardon: you never know

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=41

Looking at the wiring diagram i can now say they are wired in paralell if that helps, I geuss i will try series, I had the old kicker wired in series but the didnt pound.

that means if you wired them in parallel two SVC 4ohms will come out to 2 ohms. i have no clue if your amp is stable at 2 ohm

According to it specs it is stable at 2.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

All i have to say if its cuz of the subs. wire them in series to a 8 ohm and see what you get :pardon: you never know

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=41

Looking at the wiring diagram i can now say they are wired in paralell if that helps, I geuss i will try series, I had the old kicker wired in series but the didnt pound.

because at 8 ohms the amp will put out little little power. not close to what you want. but that doesnt mean turn the gain up unless you enjoy throwing amps in the trash :peepwall:

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE