Sonic Electronix

Dual Batteries help to understand

Different sizes of the same batteries is fine. Parallel batteries of the same type work essentially like 1 large cell so the voltage will rise the same for all of them. Components in parallel V1=V2=V3=Vx - Likewise when you are discharging them the small one will not go flat first, they will discharge equally.

The issue with mixing AGM and wet cell batteries is the float voltage. AGMs float quite a lot higher than wet cells normally so there will be a charge imbalance between the batteries. Since everything will tend towards equilibrium the batteries will constantly try to balance themselves out which eventually results in everything being flat.

In the real world however... it doesn't matter. I've run stock batteries up front (CBF modding for bigger ones) with AGM battery banks in the back and never had any issues with either charging or the car going flat. That said it was a daily-ish driver so it was getting topped up regularly. If it didn't get driven for a couple of weeks it would be a little hard to start but 3 batteries, even if they're a little tired, should be able to turn over anything short of a V8.

Thank you so much for this. It makes so much sense. You said it better than any car audio guy at any shop I have been to.

you wont devalue anything about the car by move the battery platform lower...... stuff like that people do NOT care about.....hell most people wouldnt even notice.

I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...

you wont devalue anything about the car by move the battery platform lower...... stuff like that people do NOT care about.....hell most people wouldnt even notice.

You might be right about people not noticing but I don't want to mod it like that. I would rather just keep the body stock and mod the engine. There has to be another way. I think just mabye a small agm under the hood and then one or two agm's in the trunk to make up for that. That would help with the weight distribution of the car too.

or you could just run 2 batts in the back.....alot of newer cars dont have any battery up front just 1 in the back ..... i know for a fact chevy coblats do cuz i had to work on one today ans i was like where the fuck is the battery

I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...

Or instead of trying be smart about it, you could actually be SMART about it. The question was placed in the general audio section, so I highly doubt you're going to a panel of judges to answer your every whim.

A forum is just that...a forum. And although there is a wealth of knowledge, just looking around is not going to be enough.

Even i dont know a very plausible answer to your question off the top of my head, and would think a question like this would better be answered by a person specializing in charging systems and batteries.

Hey.

Why not email someone like nate from XS?

not to start shit here but why give the guy a hard time? i mean, giving him shit over a question you dont even know the answer to... come on. and its a damn good question. i like to think i know a good deal about audio and the charging system but i couldnt answer this one lol. so i kept quiet until some one gave a good answer. its really not a hard thing to do :pardon:

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.