Skrilla Posted December 30, 2010 Report Posted December 30, 2010 Hey guys, new to the site, although, I have browsed for some time now... I'm going with another setup for my truck. It's an 08 GMC Sierra extended cab. I currently have a 18" FI BL in a 7 cubic foot box tuned to 33Hz. I'm powering it with a Power Acoustic BAMF 5500 (I know, not very good) but it has more then enough power to move it well... No electrical upgrades Yet... Anyways, I have up to about 11 cubic feet I want to work with (I'll build the box to the subs I choose). I want the loudest I can get tuned to about 33-35Hz. I'm not too concerned about SQ. The few options I had in mind were. 2 15" FI BTL's. 2 15" T3 T2000's. 1 18" Soundstream XXX. 1 18" Kicker SoloX (Although, I've done some research between the Solox and XXX and it seems the XXX is superior). I'll probably be using a Soundstream XXX-6500 to power the sub(s) 300A+ Alternator 4 batteries in total. Let me know what you guys think. Please feel free to throw in your own opinions. Like I said, I want it to slam the hardest for what I'm working with... Thanks 2 HDC3 18's AQ2200D
hdorre Posted December 30, 2010 Report Posted December 30, 2010 DC XLs On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
__d_a_v_i_d__ Posted December 30, 2010 Report Posted December 30, 2010 are you gonna run that xxx ampon 16 v? Chevy Impala Shocker Sigs / TC Sounds 12s Sundown NS-1 | SAX 100.4 Sundown Neos | Dayton Audio Neos ETCCC ETCCC ETCCC My YouTube ---- Subcribe!!
Skrilla Posted December 30, 2010 Author Report Posted December 30, 2010 are you gonna run that xxx ampon 16 v? No. Just 14.4... 2 HDC3 18's AQ2200D
NOTORIUS TK Posted December 30, 2010 Report Posted December 30, 2010 BTLs for sure.... 15" Fi BTL HFI2500D Interstate Power 5 cubes/35Hz
Loudcivic Posted December 30, 2010 Report Posted December 30, 2010 t3 audio tsns there only $600 right now which is a fuckin deal. if not that then a t2000 or a btl 2015 silverado crew cab nothing atm but soon...
Steph3n1 Posted December 30, 2010 Report Posted December 30, 2010 ^ what he said. or the T2000's both very good choice most T3's are the most efficient woofer ive EVER used 2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab Build in Progress T3 Audio T2000 12 ARC SE4000 Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire DC power 270xp Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1 Team DBs (Driven By sound)
CH@Dbee Posted December 30, 2010 Report Posted December 30, 2010 t3 audio tsns there only $600 right now which is a fuckin deal. if not that then a t2000 or a btl what he said^ 2003 Frosty White Pontiac Vibe GT AKA The Viberator XS Power D5100R | Knukonceptz Kolossus 1/0 Big 3 | Knukonceptz Kolossus 1/0 and 4 Gauge | Knukonceptz Krystal Kable RCA's Pioneer FH-B8000BT | T3 Audio 6.5" Components Front and Rear | T3 Audio T.2000 18" | AMI Creations Birch Enclosure Tuned to 34HZ MB Quart DSC 125.4 Amp | MB Quart DSC 2000.1 Amp | Second Skin Damplifier Pro www.chadbeephotography.com | Automotive Photography Website and Blog
Skrilla Posted December 30, 2010 Author Report Posted December 30, 2010 BTLs for sure.... Those were definitely my first choice, but I have since explored other options... t3 audio tsns there only $600 right now which is a fuckin deal. if not that then a t2000 or a btl Yea, I saw that thread. Hell of a deal, but I can get a SS XXX for $680 shipped. I'm wondering how they are in comparison with each other. Also, I wonder how well 2 of them would do in about 10 cubic feet after displacement... A bit more then I want to spend, but fuck it, lol. ^ what he said. or the T2000's both very good choice most T3's are the most efficient woofer ive EVER used Have you had any experience with any of the other subs mentioned? Those are the most recent subs I've considered. They seem pretty solid... 2 HDC3 18's AQ2200D
Steph3n1 Posted December 30, 2010 Report Posted December 30, 2010 Have you had any experience with any of the other subs mentioned? Those are the most recent subs I've considered. They seem pretty solid... The btls are ok, solox's are loud as shit but sound like dookie, The soundstream XXX is an old TSNS motor might as well just get The new TSNS if you want to go that route 2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab Build in Progress T3 Audio T2000 12 ARC SE4000 Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire DC power 270xp Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1 Team DBs (Driven By sound)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.