Liquid Cool Or Normal Build?

ok so i'm looking to build a new computer (after i finish my system of course, priorities first), probably through the winter since car projects come to a halt. figured i'd build it so it'd last a little longer than store bought ones. what i'm wondering is, are liquid cooled computers 'better' than normal ones? as far as gaming. or does it not really matter as far as specs are concerned?

what's the average price difference from a normal PC to a water cooled? for a decent computer

and lastly what would i need to build a water cooled PC? i pretty much know what i'd need for a normal PC

i want one with at least 2 GHz and 4 gigs of ram. could use the hard drive from this comp. maybe get a new dvd burner. gonna play games like doom 3, f.e.a.r., unreal tourny, and bioshock. need something pretty beefy to get the full potential out of f.e.a.r., which is amazing looking.

thanks for the help like always ;)

Guest MegaloManiac

if you have to ask "what would i need to build a water cooled PC? " then i think you have a lot of reading to do my friend :) check out ocforums.com

liquid cool can be better, however its going to cost you.

liquid cooling becomes a thing of interest when you're a heavy overclocker. it's just more efficient than air-cooling. and as stated above, you have to read about this stuff.

furthermore, why 4 gigs of RAM? if you're running anything other than a 64bit OS, you're not even gonna use that much ram...cuz it won't be able to address it.

i recommend 2 gigs and a faster processor. 2Ghz won't cut it IMO.

yeah, i had a feeling water cooled systems were really really technical. that's why i'm checkin around first >.< i'll probably go with an air cooled one for familiarity reasons. so use 2 gigs of ram and faster processor? gotcha. thanks

liquid cooling becomes a thing of interest when you're a heavy overclocker. it's just more efficient than air-cooling. and as stated above, you have to read about this stuff.

furthermore, why 4 gigs of RAM? if you're running anything other than a 64bit OS, you're not even gonna use that much ram...cuz it won't be able to address it.

i recommend 2 gigs and a faster processor. 2Ghz won't cut it IMO.

Sorry for the minor thread jack, but could you dale, or anyone else tell me a stable 64-Bit OS? I want to get one to use my processor to its full potential!

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif