how to tell max hdd laptop can handle?

so now that i realize that i could just sell both my hdds i have and get a 1tb im thinking about doing so im just not sure if my laptop could support it how do i know if the hdd im looking at will work with my

laptophttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136545

this is the one i was looking to get

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

There isnt a max a laptop can support. When you order the new hard drive and remove the old one pay close attention. There could be an adapter that slides onto the pins of the hard drive already on your old drive. It is there to work with your laptop. There could be a completely different connection inside the laptop than what is on the hard drive so be sure to look for that adapter. You can just slide it off your old drive and put it on the new one.

wc_zps9b224b53.png

i was eather thinking a tb for db 7 and ubuntu and split it just so i have alot to play with or a faster solid state hdd thats still bigger then the one i have "320" i just like to know that ill never run outa space thats why i was looking at the tb

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

In some older computers they are limited...

Usually you can update the BIOS to support larger drives if the board is really that old. Also it can be a limitation of Windows if you have Win 2000 pre SP4 or XP pre SP1. An add-in controller shouldn't be needed.

There are two possible causes for this.

1) Your BIOS is too old to support 48bit addressing, which will leave you with a max size of 128GB able to be recognized by your BIOS. The solution to this is to update your BIOS from the manufacturer's website. Many have bootable utilities if there is no OS on the machine yet.

2) Your OS doesn't support 48bit addressing. To fix this you can install with an XP CD with SP1 or higher integrated into it, or a Win 2K CD with SP4 integrated. If you don't have these CDs there are four real options.

-Borrow one from a friend (still use your product key to remain legal)

-Create the large partition in another computer that has SP1 or higher installed and then return the HDD to the computer it belongs in and begin the install.

-Use a bootable partition utility like gParted http://gparted.sourceforge.net/ to create the partition before the install.

-Follow the registry trickery here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303013 though this is a pain and the least desirable solution.

I know you said it is a limitation on the motherboard, but you need to make sure it is also not a limitation with the install media that you're using.

DONT MIND ME, IM JUST A DISRESPECTFUL PIECE OF SHIT.

can u update ur bios to allow more max memory or no? or is there anything else that can be done or is your max your max right now i have a satellite with 2g mem duo 1.8s and a 320g hd looking to see what i can do to bump things up aside from buying a new computer

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819111013

this is the processor i was looking into getting just not sure if i could even upgrade to it. how do i find out? sorry for my lack of knowledge

You have no idea what you are doing with a computer do you? holy shit.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

i have some idea. but i wana learn more thats why i post questions on here so i can deal with another person that can help me. it seems like you just enjoy posting and being a dick for no reason im asking for help not criticism. if your not gona post and say anything help full and just post to say some silly comment then please post elsewhere.

Archived