how to tell max hdd laptop can handle?

ya but even if thats the case couldnt i just unsolder it and solder the new one in? if thats the case though how do ik what type of cpu will work

You do realize the pins are right up next to each other? It would take HOURS to do a switch out. Hell it will take HOURS to find out CPU will work.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

no i did not realize it so pretty much im stuck with the cpu and mem i have alright thanks thats what i was kinda worried about but o well

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

k so i took my laptop apart today to get it ready for paint and looking at my board my procesor is not soldered to the board at all has a little unlock thing unlocked it poped her right out and it says this mPGA478MN socket now ive been reading and ive found that some cpus with the same pin wont work with that socket. so not asking for a hand out but how do i now go about finding what procesor will work with my board.

2ez05mp.jpg[/img]

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

k so i took my laptop apart today to get it ready for paint and looking at my board my procesor is not soldered to the board at all has a little unlock thing unlocked it poped her right out and it says this mPGA478MN socket now ive been reading and ive found that some cpus with the same pin wont work with that socket. so not asking for a hand out but how do i now go about finding what procesor will work with my board.

2ez05mp.jpg[/img]

sorry i feel retarded for doing that idk how to delete my post and im trying to get the pic to come up

2ez05mp.jpg

here's the truth on laptops. They are so cheap now adays that they are throw away technology. If you want to tinker and build a beast do it in desktop format. Then you can change things out and tinker away. A laptop is not a platform worth its weight for things like that. There are some that allows you to swap motherboards and processors video cards etc but for the most part replace when it its outdated.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

i was kinda out weighing the options of buying a new laptop with a larger processor compared to the price of upgrading and so far it would be cheaper for me to upgrade then to buy new.you are right about a desktop though 100% im just gona save my pennies and get this beast.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227298

not that thats gona happen any time in the near future but i can dream

and thanks for getting my pic to work what was i doing wrong?

I wouldn't buy a prebuilt. You can save your self at least 200 bucks by doing it your self, my friend bought a prebuilt from ibuypower and they were complete junk.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

ive heard both sides that pre built is cheaper and that building is cheaper im gona go to new egg and price both i love that case though. check it out it has holes in the side for hiding wires and such.

Archived