Sundown Audio

I have a saz1500 and need 3k and I have 2 subs that are dual 2s.. so I can get a 2 ohm or .5. I was going to sell my amp and get a audiopipe 3k but I started thinking and realized I could pick up a used saz1500 for cheaper then a 3k.. and better quality and power. Only thing is would I be able to strap them with my options? I saw a write up and saw I need a rca to go from output of master to input of slave. Okay I got that. Then connect the negs together. Check. Then I saw 2 pos leads come out of the master and 2 pos leads come out of the slave but I think if I read those correctly the positive leads coming out the slave are the negatives? He said the ohm load gets cut in half so if I strap and wire my subs toghether for 2 ohm each amp would see 1 ohm? Sorry I'm new to this whole strapping amps thing and wanted to see if this would work betore I buy the amp.. would I have to use both positives and negatives or can I use just one positve and neg? Since ill only have one lead coming out for 2 ohm. Sorry for this long write up just trying to make sure I got this right! Lol thanks

Edited by chapo123

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

SAZ-1500D_Strapping2.jpg

This picture should be pretty self explanatory.

* The slave takes the "-" connection(s)

* The master takes the "+" connection(s)

* The "-" terminals of the amps are hooked together.

You don't need to use both sets of "+" on the amps. They are there for flexibility. While you should always connect both "-" terminals on the amps together using large wire as general procedure it is not absolutely necessary to use both sets of "+" terminals. They are connected together internally in parallel.

SAZ-1500D_Strapping1.jpg

The master amplifier gets the input from the head-unit and a mono RCA from "BR Out" connected. The slave amplifier ONLY gets "BR In" connected from the master. ALL controls are handled on the master, setting anything on the slave is not necessary.

Edited by hdorre
On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Alright sweet. So any rca will work or do I need a special one from jacob? Lol I know for sure to do the br output to the input on the slave. And I know for sure to connect the negatives together. So the master is basically positive and the slave negative? I'm only going to have one lead of pos and neg so I put the pos in the masterr and neg in the slave pos input? And that would give me 1 ohm at each amp?

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

Any RCA will work.

Yessir, master is positive, slave is negative.

Yes, only one lead of pos/neg

If its originally 2 ohms, you get 1 ohm per amp. The nominal ohm load is divided by 2

LMFAO so true

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Sweet thanks man. I guess I got it now! This should be more then 3k knowing sundown =) better then the audiopipe 3k and cheaper! Well not cheaper but its cheaper to get another one and add to my collection lol because someone told me you can't strap below 2 ohm so I was like dang. Then I just read it gets cut in half by each amp and each amp would see 1 ohm FTW

1j1450.png

you should go check mine out in the for sale section :peepwall:

I want to but I'm broke at the moment ftl =( if you still have it by payday for me I want it lol

1j1450.png

well at the rate its going, ill still have it. 100 views, 0 replies ftl :angry:

Payday is next Tuesday lol a week after this Tuesday coming up.. I saw the lpf doesn't work? Would it work if I set mine as the master?

1j1450.png

well at the rate its going, ill still have it. 100 views, 0 replies ftl :angry:

Payday is next Tuesday lol a week after this Tuesday coming up.. I saw the lpf doesn't work? Would it work if I set mine as the master?

It should. It uses all the master settings.

LMFAO so true