Sonic Electronix

legal amount of time to play? florida

Hi, i just got my first sound system and im loving it but i was wondering what the legal amount of time to blast music to in Florida is (if there is one). i was just curious because i saw an ad on a website about how playing your system too loud is illegal and is considered a noise nuisance. they called them "boom cars" Im in the delray/boca (south FL) area if it helps. thanks

2 12" DC level 4's

4 hertz HSK 165 2 way speakers

1 mmats 3000.1D

1 memphis 16-mc4.75

3 batteries ( 2 V MAX CT 800's)

all 0 and 4 gauge memphis wiring

the only "rule" we go by on here (for real bass heads) is to not play it full tilt at a stop light or in stop and go traffic, and dont play it at night in neighborhoods (or neighborhoods in general). but usually, when you see a cop, turn it down, then turn it back up.

the only "rule" we go by on here (for real bass heads) is to not play it full tilt at a stop light or in stop and go traffic, and dont play it at night in neighborhoods (or neighborhoods in general). but usually, when you see a cop, turn it down, then turn it back up.

This. Its an 'unwritten law'

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Hi, i just got my first sound system and im loving it but i was wondering what the legal amount of time to blast music to in Florida is (if there is one). i was just curious because i saw an ad on a website about how playing your system too loud is illegal and is considered a noise nuisance. they called them "boom cars" Im in the delray/boca (south FL) area if it helps. thanks

I have never heard of a legal amount of "time" to play per say. I do know that your car can only be so loud before getting pulled over. Also, some state laws require that the music shouldnt be heard over a certain distance. Problem is, the distance is usually something pretty small, something maybe even a stock speaker system could violate.

Just be smart and only bump when moving fast and not when stopped or in busy neighborhoods.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

some state laws require that the music shouldnt be heard over a certain distance. Problem is, the distance is usually something pretty small, something maybe even a stock speaker system could violate.

here it is 50 feet, 24-7-365. only problem is, if there is low enough ambient noise, you can hear a set of headphones from 50 feet. so technically, you could get a violation for headphones and an ipod.

neat little story. i went to the burger king here recently, and there was a local officer in there sitting next to the window beside the drive thru. they told me to pull forward and wait for my food. i pulled forward and had my stereo turned down so low i could hardly hear it in the car. officer came out and said i had my music too loud and he was gonna write me a ticket. i told him that he never heard from over 50 feet away, as he was only 10 feet away when he heard it, and never went any further than 20 feet away when he went to the door. he didnt seem pleased that i actually knew the law.

also, if im in traffic and there is someone ahead of me with a cop ahead of them, and a few people behind me, i have been known to blast it for 2 or 3 seconds just to fuck with the cop since he wouldnt be able to prove it was me.

Edited by Hugh G. Rection

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

i never run my head unit at "full tilt". i always stop right before the point of clipping. i have never played a stereo at "full tilt".

well good thing my deck doesnt clip at full tilt.

What would I do without being able to turn that knob all the way to eighty....phew :D

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

i never run my head unit at "full tilt". i always stop right before the point of clipping. i have never played a stereo at "full tilt".

I thought "full tilt" was the point RIGHT before clipping.

Either way, this was funny lol

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread