Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Kicker Comp Amp Recomendations


Recommended Posts

Posted

well here's the q,

I have a 98' mustang, have a 1200w amp, 2 kicker comp subs (8ohm parallel wired down to 2ohms) with a sealed box.

I would like to run a better amp, maybe 2, also want to install the Big 3 upgrade. I don't know what kind of amps

i should run, i'd like to run Kicker amps, but don't know if i should run 2 300.1 amps or if i should get 1 big amp.

Hopeully you all could give me some good feedback, and ill post some pics up so you kinda know what im workin with

Posted

well here's the q,

I have a 98' mustang, have a 1200w amp, 2 kicker comp subs (8ohm parallel wired down to 2ohms) with a sealed box.

I would like to run a better amp, maybe 2, also want to install the Big 3 upgrade. I don't know what kind of amps

i should run, i'd like to run Kicker amps, but don't know if i should run 2 300.1 amps or if i should get 1 big amp.

Hopeully you all could give me some good feedback, and ill post some pics up so you kinda know what im workin with

your subs are only rated 150watts???? you cant add more power? unless you upgrade subs!

"yes... it will play like that all day!"

Posted

I'd just get one amp. It's easier on the electrical and makes cancellation impossible. It allows for an easier setup (don't need to gain match and set another HPF/LPF)

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

 

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Posted

WHy do you want a bigger amp? Do you plan on adding more subs to your setup?

No, i'd love to get more subs, but the only problem is the room lol. i'd like to get a better quality amp, its a sony amp, and it

pushes em great but i think i'd be better off with a newer updated amp

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3803 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...