Sonic Electronix

i think u guys miss understood... i want them powered at 4 ohms not 2

It doesn't really matter what you want, its a matter of electronic theory. You can not take 2 single 4ohm subs and get a 4ohm load on one channel. You will either have 2ohm or 8ohm load if they are on the same channel. If you put them on their own channel they will be 4ohms.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

ok that makes sence now... so there is prolly no safe way to run 3 svc 4 ohm subs on 1 2 chan amp?

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

ok so... if i have both mtxs bridged right now on the same channel is that bad or something?

If they're bridged in parallel, they are currently running 2 ohm.

yea but someone who has experience with these amps says that these amps dont last long if u run em at 2 ohms bridged. so ima prolly stop running it like that

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

so even if i have seperate wires running from both subs and they dont meet untell they reach the amp they r still running at 2 ohms bridged?

ok i think i got this figured out now... if the mtxs r single 4 ohms then i can only hook them 2 up to seperate channels but if they r single 8 ohms i can wire those down to 4 ohm and hook them up to 1 channel and hook my pioneer up to the other channel since its a single 4 ohm. am i right? if im not please tell me

edit: if u dont understand wat im saying ill draw it out for u on paint of something

Edited by HotRodHam

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

ok so... if i have both mtxs bridged right now on the same channel is that bad or something?

yea but someone who has experience with these amps says that these amps dont last long if u run em at 2 ohms bridged. so ima prolly stop running it like that

i wouldnt even let it turn on like that again. the amp isnt rated to run at 2 ohms bridged(mono) i would just run each mtx on its own channel then set the 3rd sub on the shelf for now just in case something happnes to one of the mtx's

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

i wouldnt even let it turn on like that again. the amp isnt rated to run at 2 ohms bridged(mono) i would just run each mtx on its own channel then set the 3rd sub on the shelf for now just in case something happnes to one of the mtx's

im going to take the mtxs out of the box i have em in and find out if they r 4 ohms or 8 ohm here in a few hours.

if they r 4 ohms ima put the pioneer on the shelf. but if they r 8 ohms would my idea work?

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

ok this is a drawing i made on paint explaining what im trying to get at...

wiringshitforsubs.jpg

i need to know if the one on the left would work or not... if not just tell me and ill leave the pioneer out of my car

Edited by HotRodHam

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200