Sonic Electronix

SUBS: Up Firing vs. Rear Firing

Personally you just need to experiment to be honest... I JUST FOUND OUT about 5 days ago that the best setup for my 12 in my jeep is sub back port up, As where before i had it sub up port back....

Its 3x louder (by ear) and thats not exaggerating.

Trial and error my friend

Yeah man, thats what im figuring also. I'm thinking im just gonna go with the majority and go with the subs firing down and see what it can do!

I only tell people 1/3 of what im REALLY doin', just so they can HATE ONLY on that third...

2007 Tahoe

factory system for now :)

Car Domain Page

Lay It Low Forum

Personally you just need to experiment to be honest... I JUST FOUND OUT about 5 days ago that the best setup for my 12 in my jeep is sub back port up, As where before i had it sub up port back....

Yeah man, thats what im figuring also. I'm thinking im just gonna go with the majority and go with the subs firing down and see what it can do!

i wouldnt do down fire

id say in that truck either subs up port back or subs back port back IMO

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

I was talking to Ohio Generator the other day, they have a 270a alt for $450. I had a 200a alt i got from them for a different build and it was awesome.

I only tell people 1/3 of what im REALLY doin', just so they can HATE ONLY on that third...

2007 Tahoe

Car Domain Page

Lay It Low Forum

The new ride...

IMG_0592e.jpg

Tahoe looks nice

Thanks man, i just caught up on your ride and saw the #'s your putting up, CONGRATS!

Thanks.

But from some of test I have seen is that subs back port back is usually louder. Well all except for my box. My box seems to do well subs up port back

2008 TahoeHU-PioneerMids/Highs amp- sundown 200.4Mids/Highs- hertz xls, hertz ml 700, audison voce tweetsAmp-2 AQ 3500sSubs-FI SP418sAlt-singer 350Big 3 1/0

a1c59399-4196-4eaa-b853-46c1480ed3ab.jpg

Build Log

UBL My YouTube channel

i wouldnt do down fire

id say in that truck either subs up port back or subs back port back IMO

im still undecided, im gonna go talk to some more people today

2007 Tahoe

Car Domain Page

Lay It Low Forum

Some box ideas i have.

This is the first time i personally have ever used a BOX CALCULATOR, or GOOGLE SKETCHUP. I got addicted, it's pretty fun to mess around with :D

Let me know what you think!!

Front

SUPB2.jpg

Inside

SUPB.jpg

2007 Tahoe

Car Domain Page

Lay It Low Forum

Archived