Sonic Electronix

i could work up a box that would be 7 cubes after displacement to go into that spot which would be on the small side for 2 15's but not out a problem.

18x38x26

port 16.5x5.25x21

single baffle (cause you're not talking about beasts here and they'll be mounted so that the top and bottom are damn near touching the top and bottom of the box)

port would go all the way down 1 side till 5.25" from the back with a 1" piece to go along the back

tuning about 34 hz.

have fun!

Are you saying put the port on the same side as the subs? Because I can mount them facing up or facing them towards the trunk? This is just temporary until it gets warm and I can wall my accord off :) Thanks

mount em however you want. but on a single sub setup, putting the subs on the narrowest possible side maximizes baffle strength.

if you put em on the wideer side (the top in this case) put a 1" dowel top to bottom to strengthen it.

i could work up a box that would be 7 cubes after displacement to go into that spot which would be on the small side for 2 15's but not out a problem.

18x38x26

port 16.5x5.25x21

single baffle (cause you're not talking about beasts here and they'll be mounted so that the top and bottom are damn near touching the top and bottom of the box)

port would go all the way down 1 side till 5.25" from the back with a 1" piece to go along the back

tuning about 34 hz.

have fun!

Are you saying put the port on the same side as the subs? Because I can mount them facing up or facing them towards the trunk? This is just temporary until it gets warm and I can wall my accord off :) Thanks

mount em however you want. but on a single sub setup, putting the subs on the narrowest possible side maximizes baffle strength.

if you put em on the wideer side (the top in this case) put a 1" dowel top to bottom to strengthen it.

Alright, I will put them facing the trunk and I should be able to make the width a little bit wider so I have a little extra room. Btw, I just looked at your build and it looks awesome lol. How did you learn so much about car audio? I've been reading everything I can find about it to help improve my knowledge on it. I'm 16 so this is my first system.

18x38x26

port 16.5x5.25x21

tuning about 34 hz.

have fun!

Alright, I will put them facing the trunk and I should be able to make the width a little bit wider so I have a little extra room. Btw, I just looked at your build and it looks awesome lol. How did you learn so much about car audio? I've been reading everything I can find about it to help improve my knowledge on it. I'm 16 so this is my first system.

i learned doing what you just did and are going to do.

reading logs and making my own.

18x38x26

port 16.5x5.25x21

tuning about 34 hz.

have fun!

i learned doing what you just did and are going to do.

reading logs and making my own.

I will try to start my build log on Friday once I go pick everything up, but this setup is just temporary until I find a after school job.

Can someone please help me with finishing my box. Today I went and picked up some MDF and cut all the pieces for the box. Do you glue the box first and then screw it together because my dad is trying to tell me to glue and screw at the same time? Also what should I coat the outside of the box with?

glue and screw, the screws provide the NECESSARY clamping force for the glue to set properly

titebond requires 100-150psi for proper glue adhesion

this can be achieved with clamps, but, the screws work just as good.... every ~4"

just predrill 1/4" deeper than the screw so u dont split the wood, and dont dig the screw into the wood because of too high drill speed

TeamSundown-sig.jpg