Second Skin Audio

what are you guys thoughts on a box like this?

so would i be best off to just move the subs closer together, and make the center go all the way to the back wall. then put ports on the left and right side?

or can someone give me a link to how to figure this all out to do like boon said?

so your basically saying. higher tuned in the middle and lower tuned ones fire into the high tuned one right? how would you do the tuning? kinda confused on how this all works out

Jacob Sigmund

1 dc level 4 m1 18

1 audiopipe ap1500

2 runs of knu 1/0

jake1993sig.jpg

Alex Bennington" <[email protected] ^^^ want one one email this guy he will hook you up!

by my understanding of boon, give your subs more space to breathe... and make the tunnel walls closer together .. if you look at the picture.. your tunnel is very wide.. bring them closer together.. its a higher tuned box cuz you're restricting airflow.. but since its a bandpass. It should play loud i assume... i'm sure someone will lighten up and help ya out like boon is doing.. i don't know much about bandpass.. but its hard as hell to do the math

thats kinda like how i built mine but not exactly. i got 12 12"s in mine and theyr just cheap ass subs and it hits 151 on music so ya if you tweak that design a lil more it mite work. look at my build log if u want to git some kind of idea. i didnt use any kind of box design software or anything. just built it to what fit my van and piled that bitch full lol.

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

so would i be best off to just move the subs closer together, and make the center go all the way to the back wall. then put ports on the left and right side?

or can someone give me a link to how to figure this all out to do like boon said?

so your basically saying. higher tuned in the middle and lower tuned ones fire into the high tuned one right? how would you do the tuning? kinda confused on how this all works out

These are my designs i did on my wall. Similar to yours, but not a bandpass. Just don't steal my Ideas, lol!

Also, the first picture shows the bracing and port, the second is a look at the wall straight on, and the last shows the second side, without bracing and a port, so you can just see the size of it.

box1.png

box2.png

box3.png

mivtCK.png

naw man i wont steal your shit...... what kind is this then?. kinda reminds me of a bandpass

Basically, it's just two seperate boxes that share a top and bottom. Kinda like the cadilac that meade works on. But I'm sealing it off in my tahoe, alot of fiberglassin, and making it into a beast of a wall. I got it tuned right at 32hz, and once it's finished i'm hoping it will be a beast!

Edited by BakermanINC

mivtCK.png

well seeing what u guys said. i think ima do some more math. and re-post up a different design. a 4th order. tuning on them tuned to 43hz for a low end monster?.

Jacob Sigmund

1 dc level 4 m1 18

1 audiopipe ap1500

2 runs of knu 1/0

jake1993sig.jpg

Alex Bennington" <[email protected] ^^^ want one one email this guy he will hook you up!