Sonic Electronix

weird sound from subs maybe need ground isolator?

hey guys.

im pulling my hair out im not sure if it is the output on the SUB Output of my alpine HU or the AMP inputs.

i have both my sub amps bridged and using the right RCA inputs and sharing it with the headunit RIGHT with a Y SPLITER.

every time i hit a bump or anytime the amp moves or gets vibration you hear a "boomy sound that the amp produces to out the subs" and going to the road full tilt it sounds very different and losing a lot of SPL and SQ. i thought maybe it was the RCA because i broke the Right RCA cable and fixed and works a little bit..so switched to use the LEFT on as my right on the cable and Headunit output. and when i plug anything into either amp it makes that horrible sound and soon as you move it or bump it u hear that boomy sound again..would a GROUND isolator work? if so whats a good brand cheap i could get retail cheap and good.

if any questions if something doesnt make sense just ask typing this kinda fast. lol

thanks!

Edited by FiNaLaLmAsY

02 Nissan Sentra

4 DD 3500g 10's

Crescendo Audio 3500 @ .5ohms

Soundstream EGA4220

Fronts German Mestreo 6.5 Component Set 110Rms

Rears RE XXX 6.5 Component Set 2ohms 220RMS

1 Dyralast Gold 1000Amp Battery

1 Vmax 2000amp Battery

DC Power Inc 270XP Amp Alternator

BIG 3 Upgraded

All 1/0AWG Setup

8 1/0 Awg Runs

Check all your ground points and make sure none of them have paint, dirt, dust, etc on them.... Also try replacing your rca's with new one's. It could be a number of things

Edit: Do you have your rca's "run" next to your power wire?

Edited by 89capricebass

Car: 2000 Ford Focus 4 door

HU: Kenwood KDC-X395

Front Highs: stock

Back Mids: Stock

Subs: Skar VVX-12 ( 1.79 f3 tuned to 32 hz)

Amp:Audiopipe APSM 1500 mini

Wiring: KnuKoncepts Kolossus 4awg

Check all your ground points and make sure none of them have paint, dirt, dust, etc on them.... Also try replacing your rca's with new one's. It could be a number of things

i think it could be the RCA but. last week i did try re grinding and moving my ground used a 3in digrinder. my RCA's run on the Right side of the car and my power runs on the left. first thing i did a year ago when i got the car. and im confused BOTH amps have the issue doesn't make sense they both have the same issueyou know.. ive had these amps for a long time no issues. im thinkning the RCA but ya could be many things.. :\ my buddy he worked for a car audio store and been doin this for years said try a Ground isolator i just dont want to waste money. but not sense the money more getting something junk and losing SQ..

02 Nissan Sentra

4 DD 3500g 10's

Soundstream EGA4220

1 Vmax 2000amp Battery

BIG 3 Upgraded

All 1/0AWG Setup

8 1/0 Awg Runs

Try a different set of rca's

okay! im at work and be getting off at 4 and take my car apart when i get home ill keep u guys updated how my issue gets resolved.

thanks

02 Nissan Sentra

4 DD 3500g 10's

Soundstream EGA4220

1 Vmax 2000amp Battery

BIG 3 Upgraded

All 1/0AWG Setup

8 1/0 Awg Runs

although running your rcas by the power wire isnt ideal, it wouldn't cause the thud noise. at most you would get speaker whine. sounds like a ground, loose connection or bad RCA.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

okay! im at work and be getting off at 4 and take my car apart when i get home ill keep u guys updated how my issue gets resolved.

thanks

I had the similar issue with one of my Audiobahn's. It kept losing a lot of db when I would drive around and hit a bump or if anything would jar it slightly. So I fixed the issue by re-seating the amp and securing it with self tapping screws. I also made sure I had the best ground possible. Pure metal to metal contact. After I had done all of these things I only noticed one thing that could have been the issue and it was my power wire to my amp, it hadn't been pushed in all the way so it was showing some wire slightly and I think when I would drive, it would shake it from within its port, causing it to lose a lot of voltage while I was playing music.

So just make sure everything is getting the best possible connection to your amplifier and make sure everything is as secure as it can be. BTW, uploading any and every picture you have questions about to help demonstrate what you're talking about will help us give you a much better solution to your issues if you end up having any after this.

2003 Chevy Tahoe

Pioneer Head Unit

4 Pioneer 6 1/2's

6 Pioneer 1 in. Tweeters

2 15" Kicker L7, tuned at 38hz.

2 Audiobahn A2150hct ampliers

The Big 3

3000 watts RMS

thanks

I had the similar issue with one of my Audiobahn's. It kept losing a lot of db when I would drive around and hit a bump or if anything would jar it slightly. So I fixed the issue by re-seating the amp and securing it with self tapping screws. I also made sure I had the best ground possible. Pure metal to metal contact. After I had done all of these things I only noticed one thing that could have been the issue and it was my power wire to my amp, it hadn't been pushed in all the way so it was showing some wire slightly and I think when I would drive, it would shake it from within its port, causing it to lose a lot of voltage while I was playing music.

So just make sure everything is getting the best possible connection to your amplifier and make sure everything is as secure as it can be. BTW, uploading any and every picture you have questions about to help demonstrate what you're talking about will help us give you a much better solution to your issues if you end up having any after this.

believe it or not Ive tried almost all of those things. but i will take pictures and a video of what it sounds like and doing! :) ill upload it around 4:30ish EST and you guys can give me an idea. im taking the system apart when i get home to install a Vmax 800amp battery so i have to take most the system apart anyways to do that and will check everything again!

thanks!!

02 Nissan Sentra

4 DD 3500g 10's

Soundstream EGA4220

1 Vmax 2000amp Battery

BIG 3 Upgraded

All 1/0AWG Setup

8 1/0 Awg Runs

believe it or not Ive tried almost all of those things. but i will take pictures and a video of what it sounds like and doing! :) ill upload it around 4:30ish EST and you guys can give me an idea. im taking the system apart when i get home to install a Vmax 800amp battery so i have to take most the system apart anyways to do that and will check everything again!

thanks!!

Ok so you mentioned about having a Y splitter in the back of your CD player. Have you swapped that out as well? If all of your auxiliaries have been replaced then it could possibly be the deck. Seeing how you changed every last bit of your hardware except that, I would see if a friend can let you borrow their deck or if you have a separate deck to use and see if the problem still exists. This could be numerous things as mentioned already. It's now time to start narrowing it down. :)

Also, I really wanna see where you have this grounded.

2003 Chevy Tahoe

Pioneer Head Unit

4 Pioneer 6 1/2's

6 Pioneer 1 in. Tweeters

2 15" Kicker L7, tuned at 38hz.

2 Audiobahn A2150hct ampliers

The Big 3

3000 watts RMS