A closer look at Alan Dante's car

headshok

If I may contribute, that pumpkin honda was a test to produce as close to 180 as possible using one DD 10" subwoofer, even when the wall was spec'ed for like 18s.

I'm a fan of clean installs epecially in extreme vehicles, like the Rump Shaker. but I know that when there's work to be done, the vehicle may just look like business. But I don't want to see something that's like a fire waiting to happen.

Also, for right now, acoustically speaking, using traditional magent force driven cones to create soundwaves, yes it would require alot of power to generate the amount of volume they are making. But, there are other methods that may achieve the same goal that are considered outlawed, and I'm not talking setting a granade off inside an extreme vehicle, but i'm sure it may hold up.

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

In theory ,since we are dealing with space issues, and having to drive multiple speakers? Why not build a small cube box for 2 inverted 18s firing into it, with a meter inside the box, and give the 2 18s 20-30,000 watts and see how loud that gets inside the box.

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

i know loud aint always pretty but that contraption gives a new meaning to ugly. If someone said i could have 180db and the world record, but my car had to look THAT bad, i would turn it down. I can understand concrete, plexi windows, lots of wood and fiberglass....in fact i want to build an extreme car some day......but i draw the line when its that ugly and NOT A CAR anymore. lol :peepwall:

Its GONNA happen.

• 4 weeks later...

We need more Extreme vehicles, the sport turned into everyone doing the same numbers, I don't think I've seen anything over 159 in 3 years, shows are boring anymore. It's like watching drag racing and everyone runs 13 second 1/4 miles and spends all the time doing burnouts in the parking lot.

'00 Honda Civic Si IASCA stock trunk/pickup 1 World Record 4/20 150.6/150.7dB
Team DC Team XS Power

Team ISB

Steve's Body Shop
http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

Archived