so i was thinking about tinting my windows myself but i dont know how hard it is. i heard its not hard but you have to let the tint sit on the windows for 3 days before you can roll your windows down? idk something like that. whats the best tint to use if im going to do it myself? and can someone just give me some general info about doing it?

its not hard just takes patience

im sure theres better tint out there but i use the stuff from auto zone or advance auto parts

there no other place that sells it around here, DONT GET IT FROM WALMART lol their stuff suck ballz and insnt even black it dark gray

if its hot outside like 8 0 + degrees a good two days in the sun will let it dry, if its not too warm then 3-5 days

i did my car with 5% (took them out, only two bolts :pardon: )

Photo1212.jpg

double 20% on rears

Photo1200.jpg

Photo1228.jpg

my friends jeep

Photo1199.jpg

IMG00065-20100829-1929.jpg

did this one too

1010101034.jpg

Edited by BeatBox

I size and cut tint on the outside of the window then put it on the inside.

If you can find any 3M Ceramic is a good tint.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

im sure theres better tint out there but i use the stuff from auto zone or advance auto parts

there no other place that sells it around here, DONT GET IT FROM WALMART lol their stuff suck ballz and insnt even black it dark gray

if its hot outside like 8 0 + degrees a good two days in the sun will let it dry, if its not too warm then 3-5 days

Photo1212.jpg

double 20% on rears

Photo1200.jpg

Photo1228.jpg

my friends jeep

Photo1199.jpg

did this one too

1010101034.jpg

you deffinately did an amazing job. i tried this before and i got tint from walmart and fell off after like 20 minutes. im thinking about doing 20% all the way around. how do you take windows out?

No need to take out the windows. It will make the tinting easier to do but isn't needed. Get a spray bottle. Put a VERY small drop if dawn dish soap or johnsons baby soap in it with clear water and mix it up good. First with everything dry crack your windows enough to line the tint up. Cut the window edge with a sharp razor blade to keep the right shape of your window and try to roll the window up carefully and keep the tint lined up. Cut it for the rest of the window and remember too big is ok because you can still cut it down when installing and make sure the bottom part of the window has tint that will tuck into the window seal so it doesn't peel when you roll the window up and down. After the dry fit soak the window and the back of the tint film with the water mix and also keep your hands wet with it so you don't leave print. Center the tint and peel the backing off as you go. So peel the top half. Soak it and get it on then as you squeegee the water out from behind it slowly peel the backing off and work your way down the tint keeping it wet the whole time. And keep the front of the tint damp as well so you don't tear it with the squeegee. Really not that hard just a little detailed. And the more curve a window has the more difficult it will be to tint to form the right curve. A heat gun can be handy for back windows while the tint is dry slowly heat it evenly until it starts to shape into the correct fit.

Edited by Robert8252

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

what he said ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ taking the windows out isnt necessary but had the car torn apart so went a head and did it with them off, the GrandPrix i did with them on the car no problem only took the door panels off to give me more room to tuck the tint behind where the door panel goes.

another tip, when you cut the top of the tint for the side windows make sure its perfectly straight or close to it so that when you put the tint inside on the window all you have to do it slide it 1/8th of an inch from the edge off the top off the glass and dont have to worry about cutting it any more, dont put the tint too far to the top of the edge tho over time from the window going up and down it will mess it up. learned it the hard way.

when you cut for the sides of the window you have some room to play with because the edge of the tint is usually tucked behind the plastic molding that window rides in between of.

Photo1212.jpg

double 20% on rears

Photo1200.jpg

Photo1228.jpg

my friends jeep

Photo1199.jpg

did this one too

1010101034.jpg

:good: :good: :good:

iamGcast

so i was thinking about tinting my windows myself but i dont know how hard it is. i heard its not hard but you have to let the tint sit on the windows for 3 days before you can roll your windows down? idk something like that. whats the best tint to use if im going to do it myself? and can someone just give me some general info about doing it?

Any Film you get that a company made for a DIY Person will only last you maybe 1-2 years before it starts to peel or changes colour and fails.

It's the adhesive they use so you can remove and remove it that"s why they fail

If vehicle is only worth $1000 then fine waste the money on these DIY Tints, but if you want to keep your vehicle for a while spend the money and get the car professional Tinted with a professional Tint and not worry about headaches .

LLumar

3m

Sungard

etc

Also the warranty card you get that says don't roll down the windows for 3-5 days is just to save the shops behind as if it"s -10 it won't cure as if it's 35 vs versa

After 30 mins to 3 hours the windows are fine to roll down usually

This is a Real Man's Tint shop:)

P7280038.jpg

P7280027.jpg

P7280028.jpg

Now that's a peel board

P7280030.jpg

P7280045.jpg

Edited by Gazoo_bumpin

Moving where the Money Trees are

I disagree with 30 mins and then being able to roll down the window; I once rolled down the window after 20 hours or so and if wrinkled the tint. It's recommended to let it sit for 2days in the sun and that's what I would suggest you do.

Also youtube has videos on how to tint. :drink40:

Good luck

Teamflexissueslong.jpg1995 Sonoma with camper shellJVC KD-R900(12) Incriminator Audio Lethal Injection 15s

Crescendo BC5500 ( sent to me not 18v capable)(7) XS Power d1600(2) 350amp Mike Singer AltsStripper Pole FTW

Member Build Under ConstructionYoutube Videos

tinting isnt incredibly hard but it can be difficult. like Beatbox said you need A LOT of patience. i did my car's back windows with 4% over the factory tint and it came out pretty good for a first time. i gotta give my props for the pros though that can easily do the back windshields with no problem. i had trouble with mine and ended up doing it in two pieces cuz i fucked up a lot. my back windshield has a retarded curved shape that hates heatshrinking lol. gonna redo it some day.

just make sure you get quality tint and not the ones you can find at autozone or the likes.

2004 Chevy Trailblazer:

Deck: Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT

Mids: 4 Selenium 6W4P's

Highs: 2 AQ Tweeter's + 2 Crescendo Tweeters + 2 Power Acoustik NX-5 Bullet Tweeters

Highs Amp: MB Quart Onyx 4.125

Bass: 2 18" DC Audio XL's <-- Soon to be 8 Sundown SA-12's

Box: 13.37 Cu Ft @ 35 Hz with 3 8" sonotubes

Bass amps: Crescendo BC3500 @ .5 ohms (2nd one coming soon)

325a Singer Alt! 375a at 16+ volts!

2 XS Power D1400's

www.youtube.com/user/phukudmss