equalizer

depends on your setup. with a processor it means you are going active. toss out the passive crossover and get each speaker on its own channel.

remember an EQ is to help with SQ. not to just boost, boost, boost. its doing the exact same thing as the "bass boost" on the amp so be smart about it.

"front" "rear" and "sub" outputs on the EQS are independent.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

hell yes there is a benefit going active. the only 2 up sides to passive is that it takes half the channels and you dont need to know shit about crossover points. its just simple.

going active will yield better SQ, higher volumes (because the passive xover takes up a lot of power) and MUCH more customization.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

so im going to have 8 speakers on 4 2 channel amps then 2 sub amps, so what would i need between my hu and my amps to make them active?

sorry i know a lot of questions, ill admit im a noob!!!

2007 mustang

Boyo avn701d

hifonics bxi2610

2 olm 2415s

hifonics 100.4

2 infinity 6x8s

2 kicker comp cvt 8s

so im going to have 8 speakers on 4 2 channel amps then 2 sub amps, so what would i need between my hu and my amps to make them active?

sorry i know a lot of questions, ill admit im a noob!!!

2 tweets per channel

2 mids per channel

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

sorry i meant 2 4 channel amps

and what do i need to install between my head unit and my amps to make it an active set up?

Edited by bigkevy

2007 mustang

Boyo avn701d

hifonics bxi2610

2 olm 2415s

hifonics 100.4

2 infinity 6x8s

2 kicker comp cvt 8s

could be as simple as a crossover or as complex as a processor.

list the types and locations of the speakers.

i was thinking of going all rf power series. id have the t1692 in the bottom of the door and then 2 or 3 1652s towards the top of the door. this would be on both sides obviously and then probably 2 1652s on each side in the back seat area, so id probably end up doin 3 t400.4s its all going in a mustang, kinda goin for the WOW factor

2007 mustang

Boyo avn701d

hifonics bxi2610

2 olm 2415s

hifonics 100.4

2 infinity 6x8s

2 kicker comp cvt 8s