2002 4runner - 16 12s 4th order

thanks! i'm really surprised at how well they've been doing as well. i set the gains to 3600 per amp and they're taking it it like champs. pulled a sub out tocheap day to check the coils, good as new. probably a lot to do with the box they're in. funny seeing people's reactions when i tell them i have 300 rms infinitys lol. the tuning now is actually around 47 with the new port. in the process of trying to seal literally right now (break time). can't wait to hear this thing :D

question for anyone, is a larger port or smaller port better for doing hairtricks? i've searched and have found differing opinions. thanks!

depends on tunning and the amount of air your subs are able to move. personally i have not worked with a 4th order but the port you have on there now looks like it could do one for sure. I had only 140sq inches of port and a clmaped 550 watts and could pull a bit of a ht. you should be able to pull one off

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

i hope so! re-doing my wall now trying to seal properly (pain in the asss)

hiiiiiiii
2002 4runner - buncha speakers n amps n shit (gone)
1994 astro - more stuffz

update: pretty sure all the pic links in the logs are broken lol.

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

4runner rebuild in progress
clickkk meeeee!!!! 4 18's 6th order

UBL - clicky

http://www.youtube.com/yyj11589

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

trying out some different mid/highs.

185714_1668312465912_1180320105_31515938_2200978_n.jpg

it's all sealed up now, bit of expanding foam, industrial strength duct tape and lots of silicone. gonna go ahead and not post pics of it cuz it's so damn ugly, but it's working.

hairtrick. need to bring my camera with me more often and record more videos.

just ordered a crescendo 4 channel, gonna see what i can do with these doors.

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

time to venture into the scary lands of fiberglassing. some things i have coming:

crescendo 4 channel

peerless sls 8"

oxygen audio air 63 3 way component set.

in the factory spot i'll have a kenwood 6.5 coaxial amped as well.

been reading a lot about it, doesn't seem like it should be terrible. just test my patience :/

think this is what ima do.

180661_1672829338831_1180320105_31524243_4483777_n.jpg

one thing i didn't really notice was how everyone mounts the mold onto the door if they don't replace an entire panel right up to the edges. that step seemed to get skipped. someone enlighten me please?

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

thanks! don't really know anybody here so that was my first time trying it with the new port and wall. really happy with how it turned out C:

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

the tape in the picture is just a rough mockup. the component tweeter will go in the a pillar, probably just put it where the factory on is. all the stuff i did before this hasn't really been shown but for sound deadening in the doors....3 layers of peel and seal....deal with it :P

but that was before i didn't know any better, but it did get rid of the rattles. i actually tried to take it off but it's definitely not going anywhere, don't see how anyone has issues with it falling off.

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

Keep up the good work! If you're looking for FG tips, PM Tim (Groundpounder2k2) or Ray or Epicenter Designs. Those are just 3 of the best fiberglassers on here. I know there are several others but those are 3 I could think of. Or check out the Fiberglass section of the forum...lots of good info there too!

1989 Chevy Caprice Classic
350ci V8 High Performance

JVC Arsenal HU

JL XR series components

Infinity Reference 6x9s

Pioneer Premier 4-Channel

Clarion 2-Channel

Rockford Fosgate Series 1 2-Channel

Fusion 2000.1D

MTX Crossover

RF, Knu, Kicker, and Monster wiring

NVX VCW 12in. Sub **Won on here from the Sonic contest!**

*Build log coming soon!*

Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.

i'm really eager to start but i'm gonna wait for the stuff to arrive just for test fitting, can't find the damn mounting depth or speaker cutout size for the o2 components. i think i've more or less looked through the entire fiberglass section lol. my doors are a pain in the ass so i'm doing what more of mr. meade did in his tahoe. cutting out a big chunk of the door mounting rings in that and glassing over. can't wait to get started!

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

Archived