Second Skin Audio

Where to buy aero ports locally?

i asked this question in my FI BL thread, but I wanted to post here to see if more people would see my question and could help me out. Im looking for 4" aero ports for the fiberglass box that I'm building, but i wanted to buy them locally to save on shipping costs and the time that it takes for parts express to ship here to California. if any one can help me out i would greatly appreciate it.

3d7304fe.jpg

2003 Mach 1 Build

HU: Alpine CDA-9857

Sub: Fi Bl 4"VC fully loaded

Sub Amp: RF 1500-1bdcp

Highs Amp: Kicker KX650.4

Highs: Polk Audio db 6.5 comps

Epicenter

Don't know anyone in Cali but parts express will take a week. Unless you want real aeros then you'd have to call Italy

dc 12k

2 ascendant mayhem 12s

xs power 200 amp alt

2 odyessy pc 2150

dc audio 175 x 4

scosche wires

stinger inter connects

12 volt customs 175 amp alt

pioneer avhp 4100 dvd

arc audio eq

cdt 6.5 components

152.8 db drag

street c

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

//www.dcsoundlab.com/images/header.jpg

I don't think anyone sells them locally because not many people ever use them. Anyone who does orders them online. parts express will take a couple days but they are the cheapest there anyway.

i went to royal electronics and the other places on commercial st. but they were the plain tube ports not aero ports. I called a bunch of shops in the area and no body carries them, oh well, i guess i gotta go with parts express. i thought of building my own but i don't think i would be able to get the end flat so that it creates a nice seal with the baffle.

3d7304fe.jpg

2003 Mach 1 Build

Epicenter

i think with 2 ports i can get around 10 sq inches of port per cubic foot, so i don't know if that is too small, especially for the 12 BL with 4" coil. i will be giving the sub around 1800rms

3d7304fe.jpg

2003 Mach 1 Build

Epicenter

how long are the ports that you have? torres' calculator says i need 20" length, if i get ports that are shorter will the pipe from home depot work to extend the length?

3d7304fe.jpg

2003 Mach 1 Build

Epicenter

how long are the ports that you have? torres' calculator says i need 20" length, if i get ports that are shorter will the pipe from home depot work to extend the length?

full length for the 6" ports is 17", they dont come any bigger. the flares dont fit on the end of regular pvc.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.