dwaine Posted January 12, 2011 Report Posted January 12, 2011 Need some help picking out new comp set... Have 08zx450.2 amp for the front stage, so 150rmsx2 @ 4ohms or 225rmsx2 @ 2ohms.. Currently looking at.. eD e9.65i - http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_...roducts_id=617 Image Dynamics CTX65CS - http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=6201 CDT CL-61A/TW-24 - http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=4418 I've heard good things about all... Wanting to upgrade my current RF T1652-s comps.. I want LOUD, good midbass and treble, would rather have to lower treble level then have it maxed out like it is now.. Willing to go up to $300 for comps Rest of system is 750.1 with a 12" CVX.. New setup is 13Av.2 with nine.1 (already purchased and sitting in room just waiting for eD to finish my box and send it out)
DeathByBass Posted January 12, 2011 Report Posted January 12, 2011 Need some help picking out new comp set... Have 08zx450.2 amp for the front stage, so 150rmsx2 @ 4ohms or 225rmsx2 @ 2ohms.. Currently looking at.. eD e9.65i - http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_...roducts_id=617 Image Dynamics CTX65CS - http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=6201 CDT CL-61A/TW-24 - http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=4418 I've heard good things about all... Wanting to upgrade my current RF T1652-s comps.. I want LOUD, good midbass and treble, would rather have to lower treble level then have it maxed out like it is now.. Willing to go up to $300 for comps Rest of system is 750.1 with a 12" CVX.. New setup is 13Av.2 with nine.1 (already purchased and sitting in room just waiting for eD to finish my box and send it out) You might want to check these out >> http://www.crescendoaudio.com/home.php?cat=251
dwaine Posted January 12, 2011 Author Report Posted January 12, 2011 Need some help picking out new comp set... Have 08zx450.2 amp for the front stage, so 150rmsx2 @ 4ohms or 225rmsx2 @ 2ohms.. Currently looking at.. eD e9.65i - http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_...roducts_id=617 Image Dynamics CTX65CS - http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=6201 CDT CL-61A/TW-24 - http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=4418 I've heard good things about all... Wanting to upgrade my current RF T1652-s comps.. I want LOUD, good midbass and treble, would rather have to lower treble level then have it maxed out like it is now.. Willing to go up to $300 for comps Rest of system is 750.1 with a 12" CVX.. New setup is 13Av.2 with nine.1 (already purchased and sitting in room just waiting for eD to finish my box and send it out) You might want to check these out >> http://www.crescendoaudio.com/home.php?cat=251 Do they get good and loud? Theyre cheap too!
skittlesRgood Posted January 13, 2011 Report Posted January 13, 2011 You might want to check these out >> http://www.crescendoaudio.com/home.php?cat=251 not a bad set for the price but compared to the ID the ID ctx. they sound beautiful. the lower end CDT comps lack midbass. dont know about ED. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
Socky Posted January 13, 2011 Report Posted January 13, 2011 ^^ what he said, he recommends those speakers to everyone so they must sound pretty good Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell Kenwood H/U 1/0 wire, 136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily 2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's 3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz
fr34kout Posted January 13, 2011 Report Posted January 13, 2011 Skittles always recommends them before I can, bastard >.> I end up being the one +1ing it lol. But yea the ID CTX are extremely good speakers, I would pick those up.
skittlesRgood Posted January 13, 2011 Report Posted January 13, 2011 ^^ what he said, he recommends those speakers to everyone so they must sound pretty good lol i wondered how long it would be before anyone called me out on that. every ID product I have used has sounded great. obviously you can pay more and get better than the ctx but there is nothing disappointing about them. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
dwaine Posted January 14, 2011 Author Report Posted January 14, 2011 Looks like I'll be picking up the ID's .. But just one more comparison.. the ID's or RE XXX 6.5?
dwaine Posted January 14, 2011 Author Report Posted January 14, 2011 Ok, of course there are better options for more money, but what do you guys think would be my best bet on comps with a $300 budget for just comps.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.