The other day while surfing the internet I came up with a crazy idea. I have a 1980 Ford Country Squire wagon just sitting on my land. The car has been sitting for many years, can't think of how many right now. I want to say at least 13 or years. I do know that bringing a car thats been sitting that long takes alot of work, hell I have done it before. I took a 1986 Mazda B2000 thats been sitting for 10 years and put it back on the road, last I heard it was still on the road after I sold it. I learned what to do and not to do with that little truck. The wagon I'm intersted in bringing back to life is pretty nice. It has a 351w with only something like 45k on the odometer, everything still orginal. Only reason it was parked was cause the cat got clogged. Since we don't have emisions down here thats no big deal. Right now its a god awful yellow with the fake wood, that would be changed quick. There is one part about this that scares me more that the complete over haul of the fuel system. Some idiot forgot to roll the windows up all the way so rain over the years has gotten in and now mold has started to grow on the drivers door panel, also its been sitting in the woods all this time, so who knows what might be in there. Over the summer I started to clean it out cause I thought I had it sold. Now I think I want to bring life back into this old car. Since its a wagon the possibilities are endless. What are some thoughts on this?

Should keep you busy lol. But sounds like a nice project and if u fuck it up oh well, it was already fucked up to begin with. Could fit alot of subs in a wagon too ha. Make sure u start a build log if u decide to do it. I would be very interested in seeing it. Good luck man.

RF_728x090_caraudiofanatics-1.jpg

xs-1.jpg

logo-1.png

1991 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

DC Power 270 Amp Alt

Big 3

Kicker/KnuKonceptz 0 Gauge Power wire

XS Power D6500

XS Power D3100

Pioneer Headunit

JBL Mids and Highs

Rockford Fosgate 400.4

3 Sundown Audio SA-10's wired @ .67 ohms

American Bass 150.1

Thanks man, it should be one hell of a project. Honestly I don't think anyone else would have the balls to even think of doin something like this. I would def. do a build log on this car if I went a head with it. Of course the build log would start after I got it road ready, don't think ya'll care to see that part. Ya'll want the fun part shown, the audio. I do have an idea of what direction of where I want to go with the build. This would be more of a show/weekend car, that way I can keep my Taurus a daily driver. Either way tho, I wont be doin anything till it warms up. Temps below 45 are way too damn cold to do anything outside. I do have a shop to work in, but no electricity so means no heat in there. If I get enough encouragement I may do it.

sounds like a project where, since it's not yoru daily driver, you can strip the entire car down to nothing and do it back up right.

Replace every piece of rubber under the hood and the tires. give the brakes an overhaul. make sure she runs right. Strip the interior and start with the glassing and walling. :clapping:

sounds like a project where, since it's not yoru daily driver, you can strip the entire car down to nothing and do it back up right.

Replace every piece of rubber under the hood and the tires. give the brakes an overhaul. make sure she runs right. Strip the interior and start with the glassing and walling. :clapping:

What if I don't wanna do a wall? lol. I do agree with everthing else tho. Gotta get started on learning to glass.

What if I don't wanna do a wall? lol. I do agree with everthing else tho. Gotta get started on learning to glass.

then do a tunnel :good:

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

ehhh hehe. how bout a full blown no wall setup, b-pillar back all under the window line. :drink40:

ehhh hehe. how bout a full blown no wall setup, b-pillar back all under the window line. :drink40:

thats what I was thinkin B)