Sonic Electronix

Ok I got my car back together for the most part, but now i'm wiring it all up...

Just did my big 3 in 0g. and ran all rca's and speaker wire down the center and power on the Left.

I ran a 4ga ground wire from the same spot I grounded the head unit to the back of the car to my amp ground to eleminate any possible ground loop.

My question is. Now that i've gone through the trouble of keeping them away from each other, I have to stuff all this crap in the trunk, I was wondering if anyone else has gotten alt noise or "ground loop wine" from having the power wire cross paths with the rca's?

I was thinking about wraping the power line with some aluminum foil to act as a sheild but I would perfer some pro advise. I'm going not only for SPL but SQ. So noise it not an option!!

"TheKiaMonster"

2001 Kia Sephia 1.8l Auto

* Kenwood KDC-MP235 Head Unit

* Sony EQ XE-90MKII & Performance Teknique ICBM-7212 Crossover

* Cadence ZRS65KS Component (Front Stage)

* Factory Rear

* MTX TC-4004 (Mids & Highs)

* Crunch V-2800 (LoW's)

* 2 12" DC Audio Lvl 2's ( Aero Ported 4 cubes, tuned @ 35 Hz)

* 0ga scosche and 2x 4ga runs for ground

* 1800cca Lexus Battery

* Stock alt80a

* 100amp battery Isolator

SMD RULES!

http://www.youtube.com/user/davidsdaddy1121?feature=mhee#p/u/0/mEZSLllhspo

The way you can pick up noise is running the wires in parallel next to each other.which you didnt do .If the wires cross each others path in the trunk ,you wont pick up noise because of that. You can still get noise through the ground ,So make sure you ground it good.

Member of Team 808

Member of Team North East Spl

You grounded your amp to the same place as your headunit?? I'm a little confused on what you are asking?

You took preventative measures to make sure you don't have any noise. Which you shouldn't.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

You grounded your amp to the same place as your headunit?? I'm a little confused on what you are asking?

You took preventative measures to make sure you don't have any noise. Which you shouldn't.

Yeah My head unit is Grounded to the frame (Nice bare metal) I Ran a 4ga ground wire from head unit ground location all the way back to my ground block in the trunk to make sure there was no ground loop. I was told it was a good idea and it made sense.

But NO my amp is NOT grounded to my head unit. As a matter of fact I ran a 0g Ground wire from batt to trunk ground block to make sure I get all the power back there. This is the first time i've done that but it should make a big improvement!

But Big Thank's to you all for answering my question!

I just wanted to make sure I did not go through all that trouble for nothin.

I've done it like this b4 and never had a peep of noise come out but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks everyone. I should have at least some kind of sound back in the ride today. I've been bustin my a$$ so hope it is worth it.

"TheKiaMonster"

2001 Kia Sephia 1.8l Auto

* Kenwood KDC-MP235 Head Unit

* Sony EQ XE-90MKII & Performance Teknique ICBM-7212 Crossover

* Cadence ZRS65KS Component (Front Stage)

* Factory Rear

* MTX TC-4004 (Mids & Highs)

* Crunch V-2800 (LoW's)

* 2 12" DC Audio Lvl 2's ( Aero Ported 4 cubes, tuned @ 35 Hz)

* 0ga scosche and 2x 4ga runs for ground

* 1800cca Lexus Battery

* Stock alt80a

* 100amp battery Isolator

SMD RULES!

http://www.youtube.com/user/davidsdaddy1121?feature=mhee#p/u/0/mEZSLllhspo

Ya, some how i missed that when i read it .You have just created a ground loop .You will get noise through that ground.Reground your amp ground to another location.

Member of Team 808

Member of Team North East Spl

Archived