Second Skin Audio

Sub up port up

So after doing a bunch of sub up port back builds in my jeep i finally am going to try sub up, port up. The cargo area is way to small for port back with the 18 ( since im tryin to keep it right at window line) and the port was basically right against the tailgate. I was wondering what is the best side to do the port on and if tuning needs to be changed since the port will have much less loading. I dont do any metering or anything so i just want it to be loud to me. im looking at around 7 cubes and would like tuning right around 31-32 area. All the stuff im using is in my sig.

What about sub up/port side? should get a nice distance from the side wall of the car since you have more lenght from side to side than seat to trunk :clapping:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

I have subs up port up and love it! I also had sub up port to the side when I had my 15. I didnt think I had space to subs up port back in my jeep so I've never tried it yet. I think you will like it

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

the problem is that i only have about 22 inches of clearance front to back and that would have to be a pretty skinny port. Is running the port up on the drivers side a bad idea. I dont wanna end up building this thing and have it sound like shit ya know? And port side wont work since im trimming out the whole box side to side. And dan do you have any pics of your build sub up port up?

im having issues with my new build too and thinking of doing sub up port up. from what ive herd it wont be as loud on the tl but if not competing then i think it will be fine. a few years back before i started to compete i did 4 12s subs and port up in a magnum and i thought it sounded great and was loud enough for me.

tuTWENTY * Team MechMan * Team Shok * Team Sundown

im having issues with my new build too and thinking of doing sub up port up. from what ive herd it wont be as loud on the tl but if not competing then i think it will be fine. a few years back before i started to compete i did 4 12s subs and port up in a magnum and i thought it sounded great and was loud enough for me.

tuTWENTY * Team MechMan * Team Shok * Team Sundown