was gonna buy a 1988 toyota corolla today for about $700-900. I'm hoping it's gonna be $700. But bringing 800 just in case. Car is 1100obo. Guy told me he would accept 900.

It has like only a tiny bit of rust from what I could see on the outside. Just want it for delivery driving and probably put a nice system in it. But not to big since it needs to be good on gas still. It's a 4door.

He said it leaked a tiny bit of oil. Around 260,000 kms. They are 2nd owners and have all the paper work for work done to it. He changes the oil every 5000kms he said. Interior looks fine.

Should I do it? I think those cars run forever like civics which I wanted. Only 4cylinder vehicle in town for sale right now for cheap.

Current Setup

Head Unit: Pioneer Premier 880PRS

Subs: 2 Custom Ssackett 12's DC LVL5 Softparts

Sub Amp: Crossfire VR4000D

Highs Setup: 4 6.5" Powerbass 4XL'S & 2 Crescendo XST2's.

Highs amp: Jbl Gto75.4ii & MB Quart ONX4.60

Electrical: XS Power D5100 & D3100 in the rear

My Videos

honestly i dont think its too bad but id definitely have it checked by someone that knows engines, that oil leak should be looked at, it does have a lot of miles on it well kilometers i guess, lol

toyota is currently the most reliable automaker in the world last i checked with roughly 83% or so cars still on the road since 1980

behind toyota is kia and honda, and of course american owned companies are not as high up there with chrysler bringing up the rear with like 59% reliability, lol

so I should just test drive it to the mechanic I know? What if the owner wants to come. I don't really like being with someone else when driving their car that I may buy.

Current Setup

My Videos

It being a 88, although they run for a whole, I'd say 900 is a little steep. Try to talk him down to around 700. Definitely check with a mechanic. Also check in the wheel wells and spare tire well for rust/holes.

As for the car situation, you can't really help it f he wants to come. I proll wouldn't let someone drive away in it without some kind of collateral for sure.

ive never had an issue test driv ing something, normally they let me take it around the block or something, i mean most likely you will be leaving your car there or someones car there so not like you will steal it

but some people are picky, any chance your mechanic friend can take a break and meet you there or something, he may even be able to help you lower the price depending on if he finds anything the guy may not have told you about

when i bought my car i have now, they wanted 3600, my friend talked them down to 2700, because of a few little issues which really shouldnt have affected the value much, lol

yea def look under wheel wells, i had my 95 dodge dakota for 2 years before i realized the wheel wells were half rusted out, lol just looked good from the outside, never thought to look underneath

Edited by kynto

I know most things especially cars. You get what you pay for. I was actually just gonna buy straight up today. But I think I will do it a smart way and bring it to my friend who is a assistant manager for a auto shop. He is imo the best mechanic in town since he is straight up honest with you. Tells you straight out what would be best.

Current Setup

My Videos

thinking about this now. The corolla sold today. I slept in lol.

Here's info on this next vehicle.

"1986 nissan micra 189 000 kms its a 5 spd manual trans, NEW brakes, NEW clutch, NEW exhaust front to back NOT RUSTY at all!!!!! one tiny spot the size of my thumb... super cheap on gas... $700"

168740_481712495705_686230705_6375462_141075_n.jpg

What you guys think about this one? Hopefully doesn't burn oil. Looks like it could be loud with my 12's.

Current Setup

My Videos

it needs warshed..lulz... i bought my saturn in poor condition for $700.. i put about $2k in the car itself and i have a great car now... if you get a chance to grab a saturn in decent condition, dont pass it up

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?