Sonic Electronix

WHAT ARE GOOD CHOICE'S ON EQUIPMENT

Ya I'v never heard of audioque either. they look like nice heavy amps. Will a optima battery work or should i buy one of them XS batterys. How big of a battery would i need for two aq2200d amps. Do you think that two aq2200d is to much amp?

1998 Pontiac bonneville SE

Alpine Iva-w205 touchscreen.

Phoenix Gold Titanium Elite 12

AQ2200 amp

Kinetik HC 3800 battery

Big 3

Ya I'v never heard of audioque either. they look like nice heavy amps. Will a optima battery work or should i buy one of them XS batterys. How big of a battery would i need for two aq2200d amps. Do you think that two aq2200d is to much amp?

Optima Yellow Tops work well, although it's always better to go with the best, and you'll pay for it too, but if your not on a budget, definetly go with XS power, get the largest you can afford (leave room for later upgrades) and put it in the trunk, then run it in parallel to your starter batter, with AT LEAST 4 gauge wire, definitely try for 0 gauge. The other option is replacing your starter battery with a compatible sized battery from xs or optima, IF u can find one that will fit AND meet your power requirements. And DEFINETLY DO THE BIG 3. If you don't know what that is, everyone will be happy to explain.

As for an amp, Soundstream has the DTR series, they're affordable and they're durable. No matter what amp you choose, keep in mind that manufactures will over rate there amps, so unless someone on here tells you an amp is ok, ALWAYS check to see if it is CEA compliant. it will be on the amps data sheet or on the manufacturer's website.

Edited by osamio

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

Dual 3ohm subs, two of them, so you should think about something that can handle 0.75ohms easily, or a high power@4ohm amp

Iam sure the 2200 will do fine at 0.75ohms, with box rise, and wiring, sure it will be over 1ohm anyways

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Optima Yellow Tops work well, although it's always better to go with the best, and you'll pay for it too, but if your not on a budget, definetly go with XS power, get the largest you can afford (leave room for later upgrades) and put it in the trunk, then run it in parallel to your starter batter, with AT LEAST 4 gauge wire, definitely try for 0 gauge. The other option is replacing your starter battery with a compatible sized battery from xs or optima, IF u can find one that will fit AND meet your power requirements. And DEFINETLY DO THE BIG 3. If you don't know what that is, everyone will be happy to explain.

As for an amp, Soundstream has the DTR series, they're affordable and they're durable. No matter what amp you choose, keep in mind that manufactures will over rate there amps, so unless someone on here tells you an amp is ok, ALWAYS check to see if it is CEA compliant. it will be on the amps data sheet or on the manufacturer's website.

The big three is Big battery up front witch i have a optima red top, battery in back and what is the third? Ya i know amps are always overrated thats why its taken so long to buy amps. i got the money gotta find the legit one's. thanks

AQ2200 amp

Kinetik HC 3800 battery

Big 3

The Audioque amps would be your best bet and wired to a .75 ohm load will be even better. With box rise you can expect to be sitting at over 2ohms probably anyways. I would highly recommend a high amp alt and a big XS Power batt. On that amp. What ohm subs do you have? I was just going off somebody elses post on sub impedance

"i'd rather die like a man than live like a coward" quoted from Tupac

The Audioque amps would be your best bet and wired to a .75 ohm load will be even better. With box rise you can expect to be sitting at over 2ohms probably anyways. I would highly recommend a high amp alt and a big XS Power batt. On that amp. What ohm subs do you have? I was just going off somebody elses post on sub impedance

Frequency Response . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .20Hz to 80Hz

Nominal Impedance per Coil . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .4 Ohms

Nominal Impedance per Driver . . . . . . . . . . . .2 or 8 Ohms

Peak Power Handling . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .2000 Watts

RMS Power Handling . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1200 Watts

AQ2200 amp

Kinetik HC 3800 battery

Big 3