Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I haven't used the Daytons. But I did get the B&C from Parts Express. 40hz seems a little low for a midrange. I would like to see my midrange kick in a little higher.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.c...tnumber=294-654

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Posted

i noticed it looked a little low but i figured i could set the tuning kinda high,its gotta keep up with a btl 18 so im thinking 2 in my front doors and one in the back doors,but as far as the woofer for a speaker how does it sound,i got audiopipe 3 ways and they sound good with alot of power but the highs start to distort so i wanna do components,

1998 gmc sierra

h/u:eclipse cd3200

sub:dd9518g d1.5

amp:jl e300/4

sub amp:dd m2a

front stage:id ctx65cs

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

Posted

I think if you set your cutoff higher then you should be ok. I wouldn't expect them to sound well at the lower hz but should do well higher.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Posted

I am running a pair of these in each door. they sound pretty good, but set your crossover frequency at around 80Hz. Like KingSUV said anything lower than that and they dont sound that good.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

Posted

thats what im trying to do 2 in each front door and one in the rear doors any pics of your setup? the 15's and amps and all that,where are your batteries located in the rear?

1998 gmc sierra

h/u:eclipse cd3200

sub:dd9518g d1.5

amp:jl e300/4

sub amp:dd m2a

front stage:id ctx65cs

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

Posted

I was gonna say they are good. I really like their sound and should keep up with your subs. Given they are set up right and have the power.

01xtremes are loud and clear.

Here is a link to his doors...........

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=4631

normal_EPICENTERDESIGNS_128.gif

Building The Best.....Repairing The Rest

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer

than the sweetness of that cheap price!

Posted

yea cause thats the setup im going with either the ps1 1600 or powerbass 800 on them, i just want them loud and clear

1998 gmc sierra

h/u:eclipse cd3200

sub:dd9518g d1.5

amp:jl e300/4

sub amp:dd m2a

front stage:id ctx65cs

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

Posted
what about the dayton 8" for a mid is that to big?

If they fit go for it.

I got 8's in my stock locations

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1122 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...