Sonic Electronix

2 JL 10w7's w/ JL 1000/1, need some help!

Right now, they are each in the stock Pro wedge box. I havent installed them yet, I plan on having them mounted in a dual ported box built to JL spec.

Side note: should they face to the rear of the car or subs facing toward the front?

don't do it to jl's specs, I was just wondering because I got a design and was wondering how w7's would sound in it

??? So then what do you suggest? Keep in mind I dont have much room in the trunk. about 38" wide by 18" height by 18" deep. The dual ported box would actually fit perfectly.

The dimensions are greater but for a standard rectangular style box thats al i get!!!

@ zayres29- No reason, just thought it would be better just to upgrade the batt, plus I thought it would be more of a pain to run a 2nd batt to the rear. Dont want to do it if I dont have to...? Suggestions?

yes if i was you i would keep the stock batt and have the kinetik in the trunk its not a pain to wire at all just run a pos and neg from each terminal on each batt

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Right now, they are each in the stock Pro wedge box. I havent installed them yet, I plan on having them mounted in a dual ported box built to JL spec.

Side note: should they face to the rear of the car or subs facing toward the front?

don't do it to jl's specs, I was just wondering because I got a design and was wondering how w7's would sound in it

??? So then what do you suggest? Keep in mind I dont have much room in the trunk. about 38" wide by 18" height by 18" deep. The dual ported box would actually fit perfectly.

The dimensions are greater but for a standard rectangular style box thats al i get!!!

ah my box is 33 wide, 14 tall, 21 deep subs/port back. it's a rear loaded horn variation. the jl boxes don't sound that great come out peaky and not enough port

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

ah my box is 33 wide, 14 tall, 21 deep subs/port back. it's a rear loaded horn variation. the jl boxes don't sound that great come out peaky and not enough port

Well if the height of the box was brought down to 14", I'll have to remeasure to see if I have the depth for 21". I've got infinity kappa perfect's dropped in from the top, thats what was limiting my height/depth...

I have 2 of the jl 1000/1v2 amps and I used to have one with a hc 1200 and stock alt. You should b good with what u have. The lowest I dropped with one was probly like 12-13. But use both batts

2008 TahoeHU-PioneerMids/Highs amp- sundown 200.4Mids/Highs- hertz xls, hertz ml 700, audison voce tweetsAmp-2 AQ 3500sSubs-FI SP418sAlt-singer 350Big 3 1/0

a1c59399-4196-4eaa-b853-46c1480ed3ab.jpg

Build Log

UBL My YouTube channel

I have 2 of the jl 1000/1v2 amps and I used to have one with a hc 1200 and stock alt. You should b good with what u have. The lowest I dropped with one was probly like 12-13. But use both batts

2 questions-

Do i use the stock (no name) battery running to the HC1200?

Should I run a battery isolator between the two batts???

Thanks!!!

The way mine was setup was I had the stock a run of 0 to the second batt in the back by the amp then the 4 gauge coming out to the amp

2008 TahoeHU-PioneerMids/Highs amp- sundown 200.4Mids/Highs- hertz xls, hertz ml 700, audison voce tweetsAmp-2 AQ 3500sSubs-FI SP418sAlt-singer 350Big 3 1/0

a1c59399-4196-4eaa-b853-46c1480ed3ab.jpg

Build Log

UBL My YouTube channel

Archived