Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

2 JL 10w7's w/ JL 1000/1, need some help!


Recommended Posts

Posted

I've done alot of reading and can't get an answer. I've got a 96 Mazda Protege LX (1.5L) w/ a new 70 amp (stock) alternator. I will be installing a JL 1000/1v2 to power (2) 10w7's. I plan on doing the big 3 w/ 0 gauge, along with installing a new Kinetik HC1400 battery w/ 4 gauge running back to my amp.

My question to you is will this be enough to properly power this system?

Posted

Yes with just 1000 watts that amount of electrical would be plenty...

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Posted

Yes with just 1000 watts that amount of electrical would be plenty...

agreed. :good:

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Posted

hell ive ran more than double that power on stock elec you should be fine put the extra battery as close to the amp as possible it will make it happier

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Posted

Just to clear things up. I was going to replace the stock battery with the Kinetik batt. I will only be using the one batt for the car and system.

Thanks for the help!!!

Posted

off topic but what box are you using?

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Posted

Right now, they are each in the stock Pro wedge box. I havent installed them yet, I plan on having them mounted in a dual ported box built to JL spec.

Side note: should they face to the rear of the car or subs facing toward the front?

Posted

Right now, they are each in the stock Pro wedge box. I havent installed them yet, I plan on having them mounted in a dual ported box built to JL spec.

Side note: should they face to the rear of the car or subs facing toward the front?

don't do it to jl's specs, I was just wondering because I got a design and was wondering how w7's would sound in it

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4865 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...