SPL Gains!! Updates @page 30 (routing the port)

fecupe2001

i would love to see the wire test. i am running tsumani 1/0awg OFC wire and wanna change out to sky high OFC it carries more amps since im running 300amps, my wire now is 250amps. i wanna say ill gain bc sky high is awesome so hopefully lol

trust me, is gonna save you some money ;)

Ahh so frame grounds are the way to go?

sorry to tell you that i actually tested that one few months ago and posted on this topic, got better results with a negative run from battery to amplifier rather than frame grounds
how many runs to a battery bank or was it straight to the amp?

Allright guys, like i said before, i hope i don´t get flamed about this one, we did a serious test last weekeng on some wires, before anything, this is my electrical:

Ford Explorer 1998

Mechman 270A alternator

No big3 (gains about doing it coming in a few days)

XS Power D3100 under the hood

2 Runs (1 pos and 1 neg) of Rocford Fosgate 0 gauge

4 Loudforce 8515s D4

Loudforce 2000.1 wired at .5 ohms

This car is burping over 150 dbs at 38 hz right now, not the best score ever but not bad either since is tuned to 28 hz, all the testing was done without moving the box, seats, visors or anything like that, i wasn´t even burping a 149 because of that since i didn´t took the time to move everything , no need to since this was only a wiring test.

I have a pair of 1/2" aluminum bars on the back for my second battery wich i took out to create more resistance and voltage drops for this test, this means, the 4 wires i tested came from this bars to the amplifier, ALL OF THEM had the same lenght, 8 wires total (4 pos and 4 neg) from the bars to the amplifier.

The wires!!!!!

1) Xscorpion 0 gauge OFC wire, it´s like 4.25$ per foot around here.

u1oa.jpg

i4xp.jpg

2) Soundquest VL Series CCA 0 gauge, it´s like 3$ per foot, it´s actually a nice cca wire, way better than an audiopipe for sure lol

xby1.jpg

jm79.jpg

3) Cobra welding cable, 2/0 gauge and it was like 3.5$ per foot

nfn0.jpg

iiwi.jpg

4) The shitty electrical wire lol, i couldn´t even read the brand, all i know is that is a 0 gauge wire, not flexible AT ALL!!! it was like 1.75$ per fot :)

fxr4.jpg

oizd.jpg

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

I don´t have the pics about the TL scores on the testing, my buddy has them and he had to leave town with his family, i do have everything on paper and will post the score pics if you want, but don´t think i need to, you guys know that i always post everything i test as clear as i can, anyways, the results were like this:

First wire we tested,

Soundquest CCA wire:

Charging : 14.47 volts

Dropping: 12.36 volts

Score: 148.61 dbs at 38 hz

We charged the battery, changed the wire and it was time for the shitty electrical cheap ass wire

Shitty electrical wire:

Charging: 14.41 volts

Dropping: 12.29 volts

Score: 148.46 dbs at 38 hz

We charged the battery, changed the wire and it was time for the Xscorpion

Xscorpion OFC wire:

Charging: 14.49 volts

Dropping: 12.39 volts

Score: 148.64 dbs at 38 hz

We charged the battery , changed the wire and it was time for the welding cable

2/0 gauge welding cable

Chargin: 14.45 volts

Dropping: 12.34 volts

Score: 148.55 dbs at 38 hz

Like i said before , the sounquest was a very nice CCA wire, and the xscorpion is supposed to be a kick ass OFC wire, if the xscorpion is an awesome wire like is supposed to, i can give you guys this conclusion, if you are a guy competing at spl classes, or maybe looking to squeeze an extra tenth on bass race or bass boxing classes then i would definitely get an ofc wire, BUT, for a regular guy like myself and 99% of the members of this forum, i wouldn´t spend an extra cent on that sexy expensive wire, when i can go ahead and buy a good CCA wire and save a lot of money to spend on the family, i don´t have a damn termlab on my ears, i wouldn´t hear a difference on my system using an expensive ofc wire rather than using a good cca wire.

0.1 - 0.3 dbs difference???? i can live with that!!!!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

interesting, this is just an educated guess based off of your results, so I would think that 2 runs of 1/0 CCA for the same price as 1 run of OFC MAY yield better results per your dollars spent.

This is based off of a lot of companies CCA is about half the price as the OFC.

XS-power1.jpg

interesting, this is just an educated guess based off of your results, so I would think that 2 runs of 1/0 CCA for the same price as 1 run of OFC MAY yield better results per your dollars spent.

This is based off of a lot of companies CCA is about half the price as the OFC.

yes, i think it would give you better results for sure, after this test, we installed 4 runs (2 pos and 2 neg) on my buddy´s yaris using the shitty electrical wire, it´s a pain in the ass to work with but we ran them under the car, the guy spent only like 110$ on those 4 runs and man, let me tell you, with 5000 clamped watts on 3 batts he´s only dropping to 12.6 volts and burping over 153 at 45 hz, not bad if you ask me!!!!

Just remember, we used a nice CCA wire, i had some shitty audiopipe wires laying there that i could have used, but i didn´t thought it worthed loosing 2 terminals on that test haha, i think i can even cut that wire with a clothing scissors lol

what's up? I'm new to this forum. I actually joined just to post in this thread. I stumbled across your name and seen "spl tips" in your sig. That was yesterday. I read all 27 pages last night and was very impressed with the knowledge in this thread. I have 87 Caprice/ rear wheel drive trunk car with the big hump in the trunk; so my work is cut out. Right now I'm at a 147 on the dash with driver door open. I plan to try your tips and hopefully I will gain. I'm going to start with flaring my (3) 6" pvc and grounding my amp to the battery. If I pic up half of what you did , I will be ecstatic. I will eventually try it all and post my results. I hate that I don't have a termlab. I gotta drive 35mins to use one.

I havnt played much on the termlab; but I'm up 3db from when I first started with the same amps and subs. My gain mostly came from box tuning and deadening. Now it's time to apply some of your tips. :)

I have a split bench seat in the front and was wondering if any of you think I might gain from switching to smaller bucket seats.

The only contribution I have right now is gaining .5 from removing the top section of my rear seat versus laying it down on the lower section. If I remove the whole seat,I lose about .2. My outlaw score also goes up if I pac pillows around the rear of my box. But it loses sealed. I've metered 145 sealed on the dash. This is using two dc xl 15's and 2 hifonics zrx3000's. Subs up/ports to the driver's side. The amps are only clamping about 1500w. I now have a Sundown 3k but havnt metered yet. I can hold over 13v with this amp so I'm expecting it to gain slightly.

87 Caprice twin-turbo 6.0

2 DC 15 xl's

Sundown 3k

96 Volvo 850r

3 15's on 9k - no wall

154.3db legal

www.youtube.com/boostdoctor

www.facebook.com/boostdoctor

Archived