help pleasee, amp cuts offf need info about power supply...

Hiya guys, got a problem, need a few suggestions.

Firstly at the moment im runniung two Vibe Space 15" subs from 1 JBL GTO1201.1 wired at 2 ohms.

Now when i turn up the amp it goes in to proection and i know this is becasue at the moment when i rev it kinda lasts longer.

I brought a power cap, 1.2 farad it seems to have helped a little bit but not so much.

Im running 1200 Watts RMS at the moment, now this is where my problem starts, next week im getting a second JBL GTO 1201.1 so then i will be running 2400 Watts RMS.

Im doing all this from 4 Gague Wires, and im currently using AGU 80 amp fuse which seems to keep blowing, spent nearly over $20 just on fuses this week. (im in uk but im just converting currency lol).

My subs are 1200 watts each RMS and are in a sealed enclosure.

Would getting like say 4 1.2 farad caps help?

or like getting a 10 Farad Power Cap?

Also if anyone could, can you please upload pictures of your wiring, and techniuqes to hide or make it look neat etc?

mine looks a disaster even though i've got only 1 amp at the moment. :^

forget the caps, they are just a band-aid. your electrical situation really needs some help. with 2400watts you should look at gettin a bigger alt and defineately a couple of batteries. capacitors are not the answer....but a new alt and battery can get expensive. if i were you i would forget the second amp for now and start upgrading your electrical system...just my opinion though... 

i likes me some audio stuff...

forget the caps, they are just a band-aid. your electrical situation really needs some help. with 2400watts you should look at gettin a bigger alt and defineately a couple of batteries. capacitors are not the answer....but a new alt and battery can get expensive. if i were you i would forget the second amp for now and start upgrading your electrical system...just my opinion though... 

i am with you on that caps are just an easy fix... they help yes but money can be spent else where.... CAPS only hold a charge for awile and when they discharge due to voltage drop it takes them awile to build back up... measure you voltage i bet its falling below 12volts alot..

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_i228_de...-batteries.html

Kinteks are one of the best batterys... your going to need atleast 1700 amps of battery with the two amps together

Personila before I ripped everytyhing out to make room for the new stuff comeing in I had a yellow top and a 1 fard cap.. there is no need for anything bigger the 1.5 or 2....

alos upgrade to 0/1 wire it wil help alot.. go to lowes I picked up 18ft for 50 bucks :^

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

the reason y ur blowin fuses, is cause ur pullin too many amps. what is all of this in? sooner or later ur gonna blow ur alternator if u keep pullin it like this. and u DEFINITELY need 1/0 if ur running a second amp otherwise ur wire will prolly get so hot, the jacket will melt and that aint good.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

:^ thanks for all the input, just a slight problem....

Im in uk and looking at prices the batts etc are pretty expensive, also i looked for some 1/0 gage wiring.

these are the current steps im going to change, im going to change the wire to 0 gauge, but about the battery, couldnt i just change the stock battery to a bigger one? also if  not could i just get a 1 batt in the back... about changing the alt, i think thats going to be pretty hard... so i'll look in to batts first but as its a family car, Nissan Almera 2003 plate, its not really designed for these sort of things so im guessing the alt should be pretty small...

so could i possibly pull off by getting an extra batt and using 2 power caps, i know the power caps arnt the option but for now it seems like it just gonna have to be...  :V :-

Also could any one post pictures of thier wiring how its done neatly plz?

Thank you... any sort of tips for wiring? :D thanks :^

i'd find the battery that can replace your stock one and possible but one in teh back.. either look into yellow tops or kinteks

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

put off using more caps....the probelm now is your stock electrical...if your having that big of a voltage drop to cause your amp to shut down and it's only 1200w rms, somehting is wrong....have your battery/alternator checked.....run 0/1 gauge to your amp, bigger fuse once you go 0/1 gauge and big three. You need to fix this before you add another amp

:D ohh bugger, lol

Well i've changed my mind, im going to get the stock battery replaced with another better one, and then im going to add a yellow top batt and all wiring is going to be upgraded, also going to get a new box designed (ported) hopefully should be louder and more powerful, i didnt want to spend this much as im going to change the car in december and buy a Volkswagen Golf, but i can take all out..  :P

Thanks for all the help guys! :D

Also just wanted to know, whats the diffrence between say a normal car batt and a yellow top?

i mean i can pick up a normal batt for 10 quid (roughly 18 dollars) but i just checked the price for yellow tops and its raging from about £150 ($270+) ?

lol