Rear fill or not? and speaker sugguestions?

nocturnalrites101

rear fill... and i love the comments about when you go to a concert... hell every concert I have been to, the sounds is reflecting off of everything, music to the side, music to the back, music to the front... hell i have even seen some orchestras like that...

rear fill especially in a suburban... and you can fade it out (fade more to the front) when setting it up, so as not to be taking from the front, and when you have rear passengers in there, you can entertain them by by placing the fader to the middle...

It really just boils down to common sense.

I tried my hardest to make rear fill work in my car and i couldn't get it to sound right :(

The speakers just sounded different from each other....well duh they ARE different speakers but I could tell the difference with my ears and it drove me nuts.

Like I could tell a difference in the tweeters and midbass.

Then you did something seriously wrong!

All voodoo aside, you either have the speakers way to close without it faded more to the front, or improper time delay... or you have some junk speakers that can't play audio.

I would think that it would be improper level matching... if one is looking for rear fill... it is just that fill; a light acoustic fill to reinforce the front, not over power it or to take away from it

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

All voodoo aside, you either have the speakers way to close without it faded more to the front, or improper time delay... or you have some junk speakers that can't play audio.

I would think that it would be improper level matching... if one is looking for rear fill... it is just that fill; a light acoustic fill to reinforce the front, not over power it or to take away from it

exactly how i fill

rear fill... and i love the comments about when you go to a concert... hell every concert I have been to, the sounds is reflecting off of everything, music to the side, music to the back, music to the front... hell i have even seen some orchestras like that...

rear fill especially in a suburban... and you can fade it out (fade more to the front) when setting it up, so as not to be taking from the front, and when you have rear passengers in there, you can entertain them by by placing the fader to the middle...

It really just boils down to common sense.

I agree with you to a point. Most concert halls Ive been in have had strategically placed matting (idk how else to describe it) to absorb reflections and keep the sound stage as pure as possible. Because hearing the violin 3 times from 3 different directions isnt the same as just hearing the one violin. Its muddier. Add to that the fact that the sounds coming from the rear of you arent the same as those coming from the front. So playing the same sounds from the rear of your car isnt comparable. Now if songs were recorded to include the sounds of people bickering 3 rows behind you or a guy coughing 4 seats over from you, I could see the rear fill to mimic the concert environment.

I dont like the concert analogy either but I think its probably the easiest for most people to understand.

But in the end, you have to drive it everyday and listen to it. So set it up how you like it!

1999 Pontiac Sunfire

Alpine CDA-9886

Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D

Sundown Audio SAX-50.4

Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components

Image Dynamics iD12

Optima Yellow Top

SQFire FTW.

• 4 weeks later...

call me dumb but couldn't you just run rear fill and run a seperate remote turn on lead to amp powering the rear fill and put a switch on it? With the flick of a switch you would have rear fill when there are passengers in the back then cut it off when you are by yourself.

1997 crown vic police interceptor

headunit: avic x710bt

sub amp: powerbass xta 1500d

sub: fi 15" bl fully loaded

enclosure: 3.5 cubes @ 33hz firing through rear deck

mids/highs: crappy pioneer paper cone 6x9's and stock rears for now

mid/high amp:h/u power FTL

wiring: knuconceptz 1/0 memphis interterconnects

Archived