Beefy custom 8" single 4ohm- SOLD

I had some extra glue and parts when I was doing reconing jobs last night, and built up this 8" I have been meaning to assemble.

Its a 2.5" coil< Dayton Titanic MK3 motor from the 12"- Still has the copper shorting ring attached to the pole piece. I used a 1.4"ww 4 layer 4ohm coil, and a 6" leaded spider, total yields 13.5mm xmax one way

The cone has an attached gasket that locks in to the frame, and the surround is very rigid stiff rubber surround, hard rigid paper cone, with a perfectly fit poly dome

I know realistically this woofer would sell for higher, its a one of a kind for now- I can get these cones at anytime

Just don't have any on hand

$75 picked up or $85 shipped

This would make a awesome sub for a transmission line, or home theater subwoofer

DSCN3030.jpg

DSCN3031.jpg

DSCN3029.jpg

DSCN3032.jpg

Edited by Forevrbumpn
sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

looks good bumpin... whats the price on it

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

Dohh... sorry

$75, or $85 shipped lower 48 states

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

solid 400rms easy I would say

The coil that this sub is from is well in to the 400 - 500rms range, and with the cone, and spider there is a tighter suspension to keep more cone control

This is the stiffest 8" I ever built, yet the fs is still in the mid 30s

I need to test the T/S on it, but I know the motor force is really high too

I will clean up the woofer too, and take better pics, these were a little blurry, and the cone/dome looks dirty, its a really nice clean woofer

Edited by Forevrbumpn
sundown.jpg

May be gone by tomorrow-

cjvue- local, dibs

sundown.jpg

If you get another built up in the next few weeks I def need one. Money won't be available till then, but my HT is in dire need of a sub since the pup kinda pissed on the amp for the last one and destroyed them :/ lol

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

Iam going to build a few using the 2" motors I have, and maybe 1 or 2 more using the last of the 2.5" motors I have left

The 2" coil version will be tall surround, and and more excursion, single 2ohm. pretty sexy, with a flat wide motor. But power handling will be about 300w/rms or so

But sub may be more, since the motor will be new, and custom ordering the cones, and the coils I specifically designed for those 2" motors

sundown.jpg

^sames. I got a buddy lookin for a smaller system for a ranger. if you get anymore built im interested

'99 Cavalier z24

-Kenwood KDC-BT945U hu

-Alpine Type X 5.25 components

-oldskool RF p201s 600w 2channel

-RF punch 3way 6x9s

-custom built 15" Shocker Sig from Shocker Mike!

-soundstream dtr1.2200 tower amp

-6.0ft^3 ~33Hz instead of a backseat FTW

--references: alphasig293