Sundown Audio

can this do this?

nathan664

on a powerbass it might be possible those amps are pretty solid as for the warranty you might kiss it goodbye you will have to check with PB about that and you wont be seeing 4k at .5 either just so you know

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

You'll be fine. My XXX6500D has seen all the way down to .25ohms for months without a hitch. My old PB ASA1500.1D has seen .5ohms since day one and it didn't flip its shit either.

1995 GMC Jimmy 4dr

DC Power 320 amp hairpin alt

2 12" RD Alpha V2s w/ PSI softparts

Soundstream XXX6500D

RE XXX 6.5 mids and Polk Coaxes

MBQ DSC4125

2 1/0 runs

2 DD 2515s

Starting new build soon, building two frankenwoofers with the 2515s and Alpha V2s.

You also have a electrical system to back it up. If the OP doesn't then magic smoke will appear.

i dont think any amp "says" they can do .5 BUT WE DO IT ANYWAYS.

If you want to test your amps ability then go ahead but if you don't have the power to backup making power then your fucked.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

like everyone else has said make sure damn well you have one hell of an electrical to power a 4k amp down to .5 even 1ohm is hard on an electrical system

98% of the time a stock electrical can handle 1500-2000krms without too much of a problem but when you get down to lower impedance and stuff shit really gets jacked up in the power department.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

Archived