Sonic Electronix

So i can set the eq on my headunit, but just turn it off on my ipod?

2002 Gmc Sierra 4x4

2 10" dual 2 ohm p3's

Custom box (34hz)

Kenwood eXcelon 1800 watt amp

Kennwood monitor

Polk Audio door speakers

Kenwood tweeters

Boston acoustics rear speakers

alpine 4 channel

Infrasonic filter is a sub sonic I believe. What is the low pass and bass boost at. Also if that infrasonic filter is a sub sonic do 2hz below tuning

My Input sensitivity is at 1 the minimum is 5 and max is 0.2. My LPF frequency is set to 150 Minimum is 50 max is 200. Bass boost is at 12 minimum is 0 max is 18. On my head unit i have everything set to 0.

there you go. the gain is almost all the way up. chances are very high that you are clipping.

It's the bass boost, his HU out is 2v, 1v gain shouldn't really clip

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

Infrasonic filter is a sub sonic I believe. What is the low pass and bass boost at. Also if that infrasonic filter is a sub sonic do 2hz below tuning

My Input sensitivity is at 1 the minimum is 5 and max is 0.2. My LPF frequency is set to 150 Minimum is 50 max is 200. Bass boost is at 12 minimum is 0 max is 18. On my head unit i have everything set to 0.

there you go. the gain is almost all the way up. chances are very high that you are Clipping.

Thats what noobs are known for doing :woot::lol:

2002 Gmc Sierra 4x4

2 10" dual 2 ohm p3's

Custom box (34hz)

Kennwood monitor

Polk Audio door speakers

Kenwood tweeters

alpine 4 channel

Yes, the process varies by head unit, but it should have pretty decent EQ features. Ipods are terrible equalizers. You can achieve a similar sound by playing with the settings on your head unit. Also make sure you read my double post, i changed some stuff. its on the first page lol

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

there you go. the gain is almost all the way up. chances are very high that you are clipping.

you are thinking backwards. if the HU does 1v then you need to boost the signal more than if its was 5v. so boosting enough for a 1v signal but giving it 2v would cause clipping.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

there you go. the gain is almost all the way up. chances are very high that you are Clipping.

Thats what noobs are known for doing :woot::lol:

Start with turning off bass boost, and keep the gain where it is, if the problem continues, then lower the gain, for now.. your gain matches your HU output, which is ideal... I'd bet money it's the bass boost.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

Yes, the process varies by head unit, but it should have pretty decent EQ features. Ipods are terrible equalizers. You can achieve a similar sound by playing with the settings on your head unit. Also make sure you read my double post, i changed some stuff. its on the first page lol

lol i just read it. I will definitely try that out tomorrow. I think my HU has some decent EQs so ill see which one is best.

2002 Gmc Sierra 4x4

2 10" dual 2 ohm p3's

Custom box (34hz)

Kennwood monitor

Polk Audio door speakers

Kenwood tweeters

alpine 4 channel

you are thinking backwards. if the HU does 1v then you need to boost the signal more than if its was 5v. so boosting enough for a 1v signal but giving it 2v would cause clipping.

I'm not thinking backwards, I know what gain is, lol.

second, it would only get 2v if he had his HU at 100% volume. It would clip at that point anyway. If he wants to compensate for an everyday listening level, say, only being at 3/4 volume, he should adjust the gain so it matches the voltage output at 3/4 volume, not full volume.

**EDIT

Assuming he remembers to stay at 3/4 volume or so, and not turn it up above that... but now he knows.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

Gain is Input sensitivity right?

2002 Gmc Sierra 4x4

2 10" dual 2 ohm p3's

Custom box (34hz)

Kennwood monitor

Polk Audio door speakers

Kenwood tweeters

alpine 4 channel

you dont need to clip to get full output from the HU and not every HU clips at full volume.

either way, the gain could be too high. we dont know what volume he turns it up to do we?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived